Telegram is an app in which you are able to communicate with other people for free, you just need to have Wi-Fi or your mobile data.
If you are, perhaps, new to Telegram and want to find out how you can download and save photos and videos to your phone’s gallery, do not worry! We are here to help you learn how to do it in just a few simple steps. So, without further ado, here are the steps.
See also: How to pin messages on Telegram
Steps to saving videos on Telegram
If you want to save a video to your gallery from Telegram, here are the steps that you should do.
- You will first have to open up the Telegram app on your phone and to log into your account If you are not logged in already.
- Now, open the chat with a person from whom you have recently got a video.
- Find that video in the chat and simply click on the downside arrow on the video. The downloading process should begin immediately. After that, you will be able to find that video in your phone’s gallery.
And, if you maybe want to turn on the automatic downloading of the videos whenever you receive one, here’s how:
- When you are in the app, and when you are logged into your account, go to the three lines logo in the top left former so you could open up some more options.
- The left sidebar menu should show up, you will need to scroll all the way down to the end until you find the Settings section. Click on them when you spot them.
- Again, you will have to scroll down a bit until you see the Data and Storage section. Click on that to open some more additional settings and options.
- You are now able to see the When connected on the Wi-Fi option. By clicking on that option you will be able to see all of the things that are either automatically loading, or downloading from Telegram whenever you have your Wi-Fi turned on. Find the Videos section there and tick.
- After you have done all of these steps above, click on the Save button to save the changes.
From now on, whenever you get a video from someone on Telegram, it will be automatically saved to your gallery.
Steps to saving photos on Telegram
Saving photos that you have received on Telegram to your gallery is also a super easy process. Follow these steps and you will have the photo saved to your phone in no time!
- We assume that you have already opened the Telegram app on your device and that you have already logged into your account. So, just proceed to the next step.
- You will need to find the chat that contains the photo which you want to download and save to your phone. When you have found that chat, simply click on it to open it.
- Now, scroll up a bit until you spot the image that you want to save and click on it to open and expand it.
- You are going to be able to see some options on your screen once you open the image. Look for the three dots button in the top right corner of your device’s screen and click on it to open up a pop-up tab.
- In the pop-up tab, you are going to see three options. But, we were looking for the second one, the Save to gallery option. Once you click on it, the downloading process is going to start right away and the photo is going to be saved to your gallery in just a couple of seconds.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.