GIF stands for Graphics Interchange Format, and it is one of the most common ways of sharing your emotions on the internet, especially on social media sites such as Twitter. People use the GIFs in place of memes as well to convey their messages.
All the GIFs which are uploaded on Twitter automatically get converted into the video format even though it is still called a GIF. This is the sole reason due to which you cannot download a GIF from Twitter by only right clicking on the GIF and then clicking the “Save image…” as you do on most of the other sites. Twitter converts a GIF into video format because video format has usually a smaller size than a GIF and has more natural interaction.
So, if you want to save a GIF from Twitter, then you have multiple options available such as third-party sites and mobile apps which help you to keep GIFs from Twitter. Let us discuss some of them.
Save GIF using website
To save a GIF from Twitter, you can take help from a site called “ezgif.com”. This site can help you in saving a GIF from Twitter with reduced size in good quality. Follow these simple steps:
- Copy the URL of the GIF which you want to save from Twitter
- Head over to “ezgif.com/optimize.”
- Paste the copied URL in the textbox which says “OR paste the image URL:”
- And then click “Upload!” button
- Once this procedure gets completed, you will see the result just below the textbox on the same page
- Simply click right on the result and then click “save image” and you will have the fantastic GIF in good quality on your device storage.
Save GIF using an app
Another option is to use a third-party mobile app with which you can download the GIF from Twitter. One of the apps is TWEET2GIF made for Android devices. This app helps you to download a GIF from Twitter in both MP4 formats and as a GIF. To save GIF from Twitter via TWEET2GIF, you can follow these simple steps:
- Copy the URL of the GIF which you want to save from Twitter app (expand the tweet details then click more from the menu and select Copy link to tweet)
- Open the TWEET2GIF mobile app
- Simply paste the copied URL in the app
- Finally, choose the format in which you want to download the GIF (MP4 or GIF).
In case you cannot use either of the above-mentioned methods, then you can opt for the following:
- First, download the GIF from Twitter as a video from a site called “savedeo.site” https://savedeo.site/
- And to download the GIF as a video just as we did at TWEET2GIF app, copy the URL of the GIF tweet and paste that in the textbox at savedeo.site and then click the Download button
- Upon clicking the Download button on the homepage a new page will open up, and you just have to click the small download button on the right side of the new page, and the video format of the GIF will be downloaded.
- Once you have got the video now, it is the time to visit “ezgif.com.”.
- Then select the option of “video to GIF” from the menu and then browse and select your downloaded MP4 video from savedeo.site and upload it.
- One more thing before getting the GIF is to set the Frame rate (FPS) it is recommended to keep the FPS at 20 seconds to get a smooth animation.
- Finally, click the button “Convert to GIF.”
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.