Samsung has released another addition to Samsung Galaxy S3 and S4, as the Samsung Galaxy S5. The phone has been equipped with many improvements from its previous version. But, again as previous Samsung’s device was running on TouchWiz, so is this device. This problem has been annoying the user for a long time. Another reason is that Samsung provides several apps in the store which doesn’t require at all. This is one of the main reasons why Samsung is one of the most rooted devices in the world today.
There are numerous reasons to root Samsung Galaxy S5. Please make a backup of your phone data and also charge the phone to at least 60% battery.
- Enable unknown sources: Go to settings and then go to system section, tap on security. After tapping, tick the box under unknown sources and press OK.
- Download towel root: As the turret is available on your Google play store, hence opening a browser on your phone. Now, navigate to towelroot.com.click on lambada symbol and install the file on your phone. When your download is finished, go to notifications to open it and let the process start. Click on install after completion tap open.
- Root your device: Open towelroot and click on make itrain. It will take maximum 40 seconds to automatically reboot your device. This process is depending on the device to device it’ll work and will consume time.
- Verify root was successful (optional): Now you can check root checker from play store and download it in your Samsung S5 tap on verifying root so as the process goes without any problem of the virus. Now you will notice that you are not asked to grant root checker Supersu permissions as it gives permission to those apps only which asks for CF root download.
- Install a root management app: Search SuperSu from Google play store and install it. Open SuperSu one time and let it organize the binaries.
Samsung Galaxy 5S root gives us the liberty to uninstall all the unwanted Samsung bloatware. You have the liberty to install all the important apps and also can get rid of TouchWiz and can install the alternative UI instead of it.
Root Samsung Galaxy S5 To PC
One can root the Samsung Galaxy S5 by connecting it to the PC as well by using CF Auto root. To root the phone, please follow the steps below:
- Download the CF-Auto-Root and save it on your desktop.
- Now, right click on the file to extract the CF-Auto-Root zip. Select Extract All.
- A right-click on Odin in the extracted folder, then select Run as Administrator.
- Once you are inside the Odin, click on PDA tab, choose the .tar.md5 file.
- Now, Turn Off your phone.
- Press and hold the volume down, power and home button simultaneously until you see the home screen.
- Tap on the volume up button to continue the process.
- Connect your phone to your PC.
- Note that Re-partition should not be checked in Odin.
You may also read: Samsung Galaxy S5 – Common Problems and Their Solutions