TikTok is a video sharing app where people can create and upload their funny content and share their short video clips with the rest of the world.
So maybe you’ve been using this app for a while and forgot your password? Or you recently changed it and forgot it again? No problem, keep reading this article to find out how to change or reset your password.
Change the account password
If you are still logged into your account, you can easily change the password by following these easy steps below:
- Open the app and click on the “Me” icon in the bottom right corner.
- Then tap the three dots in the top right corner.
- Settings and privacy tab should open. In the Account section click the “Manage my account” icon. It should appear first if you have one of the most recent versions of the app.
After that, choose “Password”.
- Enter your current password, and the new password, click on “Confirm”, and you’re done!
You’re logged out of your account and can’t remember the password
- If you cannot remember your password, and you created the account using your email or phone number, open your TikTok application, click on the “Me” icon to open the login page.
- Click on the option “Forgot password”. The app will ask you which way you want your account to be recovered. Via email or phone number. Select the one you want.
-If you choose the email way, you’d need to type an email for a recovery where they will send you a code to reset the password.
-In case you don’t receive an email from them, please check your spelling while typing an email and if the spelling is correct, check the spam folder of your email. If there is still no sign of it, do the steps again and type your recovery email once more.
-If you choose the phone number way, they’ll ask about your phone number on which they can send a code to reset your password.
- After your phone number or email has been verified, you will be redirected to a new page where you can change or reset your password.
- And at last, just tap to save your new password and you’re all done! Easy, right?
What to do if you forgot your password, and the email address that you used to create TikTok’s account is no longer active?
If you are having this issue, don’t worry about it. We can easily solve the problem that’s been troubling you!
There are two ways to solve the problem.
If you forgot or don’t have the access to the email address that was connected with your account, there are a few options that may possibly resolve the issue.
- Contact the contributor of the registered email address, and see if you can recover your old email address.
- Get in touch with the contributor and request from them to forward your old email address to your other email address.
The second way of solving this problem is the way to contact TikTok’s support. To do that, follow these steps down below:
- Click on the “Me” icon again on the bottom right corner of your application.
- Once again, click on the three dots icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Settings and privacy page should show up. Down at the “Support” card, click on the “Report a Problem” icon.
- Feedback and help tab should show up, and you should click on the Account and Profile. Then click on the “Login” card, after that “Other” card and describe your problem.
- All that’s left to do is, wait until their staff sends a response to you, then you’ll get further instructions from them.
If after all of this you still cannot recover your account’s password, you might have to make a new email and a new TikTok account.
We are sure that if you followed these steps correctly, you should be able to reset your password and recover your account easily and with no stress!
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.