Before we get to the point of this article, we want to talk about the Telegram app for a little. Telegram is one of the best and the most popular apps for messaging. It is right behind Viber and WhatsApp in the Google Play Store for the most downloaded messaging apps. But Telegram was not always this famous. Telegram got its fame a few years ago, but it was launched in 2013 and was not that popular back then. Now, Telegram gets 200 and more million new users a month, which is a huge number really! This wonderful app has a super friendly display, and even the blue color of their logo says that they are really a user-friendly company.
Reporting spam on Telegram is a super easy process. And the steps are the same for all devices because Telegram is also available on most of the devices. Follow these steps to report spam on Telegram.
See also: How to create Poll on Telegram
Steps to reporting spam on Telegram
Before we start, have in mind that you are not able to report a group chat on Telegram as spam. You can only leave that group so you do not get those spammy messages again.
We assume that you have the Telegram app installed on your device. If that is the case, you have to open it now. Also, do not forget to log into your account if you are not logged in yet automatically!
- Once the Telegram Home page has been opened on your screen, you should go through your chats list until you find a channel or a chat that you want to report as spam. Of course, when you have found the chat that you want to report as spam, click on it to open the messages.
- You will be able to see all of your messages on that channel/chat. Look for the three-dotted button in the top right corner of your device’s screen. By clicking on that button you are going to open up a small pop-up menu with a few different options.
- Only two options are going to be displayed in that menu. Click on the second one, the Report one. Another pop-up window should show up on your screen.
- Now, you are going to have to choose a reason why you want to report this channel. Since you want to report it for spam, click on the second option there, the Spam option obviously.
And you have now reported a chat/channel. There is not much you can do at this point. Telegram’s staff is going to review your report and see if that account is really a spam account or not. If it is, the account will probably get suspended or deleted.
Having problems while trying to report spam on Telegram?
Are you, perhaps, not able to report a channel or chat on Telegram? Well, do not worry we can help you with that.
- Telegram is an app that works only when you have Wi-Fi or your data on. If you do not, you will not be able to receive, send messages, or even change your settings and also report others. So, makes sure that you have the internet whenever you want to use Telegram.
- You can try closing the app and then reopening it after a certain amount of time. After that try to report a channel again and see if it works.
- There is a chance that your cache memory is full, and therefore the Telegram app will not be able to load or work properly. Go to the settings of your phone and empty Telegram’s cache memory.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.