Twenty-six years ago, the Fukunagas (Eugene and Cindy) created what is now known as Funimation. Since then, it has come to be one of the most sort-after online streaming platforms. If you are reading this and wondering what Funimation is, you are not a fan of the Japanese visual entertainment style known as anime. If you are on the know, long live anime!
Funimation is based in Flower Mound, in northern Texas. Being under Sony Pictures parenting, it battles for attention with other platforms such as Crunchyroll (of Otter Media).
Of interest is the Funimation subscription renewal and this article will guide you on how to do that.
See also: How to change your Funimation password
Funimation and subscription
To use Funimation comfortably, you either need to be in the United States, Canada, the UK, New Zealand, Ireland, or Australia. However, a VPN can solve that issue if you are in a no-Funimation zone.
On Funimation, you can use a free or a paid account. It offers paid subscriptions in three packs – the premium, premium plus, and premium plus ultra packages. Before all of this, you can take advantage of the free trial provided. The premium plan has a $5.99-a-month tag, the premium plus one $7.99-a-month and the premium plus ultra one $99-a-year tag.
This article will guide you on how to renew your subscription on the website (Funimation.com), on the app (Android), on Apple TV and Roku.
On the website (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, and macOS)
- Click on Funimation.com. On the page that opens, enter your login details to access your account.
- On your home page, click on the Funimation icon that is at the top-right side (it is purple with a white smile).
- On the menu that pops out, click the ‘My Account’ option. Your account’s page will open up with the ‘Profile’ tab showing.
- Click on the ‘Subscription’ tab. Then, click the down arrow next to the ‘Summary’ section.
- Click on the ‘Restore Subscription’ option. This will automatically restore your plan and give you information on when you will be billed next. This link will help you if your subscription ended and you need a new plan.
On the app (Android)
Assuming that you use Google Play Billing as the way to take care of your subscriptions:
- Tap on the Google Play Store to launch it. Then, press the icon with the three lines on the top-left side. Click ‘My app and games’ then the ‘My subscriptions’ tab.
- Scroll down through your subscriptions and click on Funimation. Follow the prompts that appear.
On the Apple TV App
- After you open the ‘Settings’ app, select ‘Accounts’ then ‘Manage Subscriptions’. Enter your Apple ID password, as your Apple TV will prompt you to do so.
- Select ‘Funimation’. On the screen that appears, toggle the ‘Automatic Renewal’ button, which is off by default. Then, confirm the change that you have made. Your subscription will now automatically renew.
Click the ‘Account’ page and then ‘Manage your subscriptions’. When your subscriptions are displayed, scroll down to Funimation and select the ‘Renew’ button, which is next to it.
Information from Funimation’s help page is that you cannot renew your plan on PlayStation 4, Android TV, or other Smart TV Apps. If you use any of these, use the steps given for the website.
If the platform you use is uncaptured in the article, feel free to seek Funimation’s help so that you can renew your subscription. This way, you will continue to enjoy the most loaded anime library you can ever find on the Internet.