Generally, using password while login to the device is the best way for keeping your important files and data secure. Also, it keeps the device safe, especially if the computer has more than one user. But, we can all agree that entering the password every single time you want to log in can be quite boring. If you want to skip the login password step while accessing your PC, there are a few ways to do so. Here, we are going to show you how to remove login password from Windows 10 and use automatic log in.
See also: How to update apps on Windows 10
How to remove login password from Windows 10
Removing password from Settings
This method is for those who use a local account.
- Go to your PC’s ‘Settings’.
- Click on ‘Accounts’.
- You will find an option as ‘Sign-in options’.
- Then go to ‘Password > Change’.
- First, you have to verify the present password. Then click ‘Next’.
- Another page ‘Change your password’ will appear.
- There are three boxes, ‘New password’, ‘Reenter password’ and ‘Password hint’. Keep all the field blank. Now, click ‘Next’.
- Finally, click on ‘Finish’.
- The password is removed.
SysInternals Autologon Tool Option
There is a tool named Autologon, which is designed by Microsoft. This is useful for the automatic login in the Windows 10. The tool makes the password encrypted and stored in the registry.
- First, you need to download Autologon
- Then, as an administrator, you need to run ‘Autologon.exe’.
- Click on ‘I accept’ on the license agreement.
- Fill up the Username, Domain and Password field.
- Press ‘Enable’. Now you will get a notification that Autologon is enabled and password is encrypted.
Bypass the password logon
- Open the ‘Run’ option by pressing ‘Win + R’.
- Now, type ‘netplwiz’ in the field and click OK.
- A window named ‘User Accounts’ will appear.
- There is an option, ‘User must enter a user name and password to use this computer’. Untick the box next to it.
- Click ‘OK’ and ‘Apply’.
- Then you need to give the ‘Automatically sign in’ information. Click OK. Now your PC’s system has the automatic login.
For Microsoft account
- Go to the ‘Settings’.
- Find the ‘Account’ and tap on that.
- Go to ‘Your info’.
- Select ‘Sign in with a local account instead’.
- Verify your present password and Tap on ‘Next’.
- Keep the password fields blank and click ‘Next’
- Then finally click ‘Finish’.
Your account has been switched into a local account. To remove the local account login password, follow the first method which is mentioned above.
Via the Registry
- First, press the keys ‘Win + R’.
- Type ‘regedit’. ‘regedit’ means ‘Registry Editor’.
- Then, go to the following path.
- There is a registry parameter ‘AutoAdminLogon’. You need to change the value from 0 to 1.
- Then, you need to create ‘DefaultUserName’, ‘DefaultPassword’ and ‘DefaultDomain’. After editing all the fields close all opened windows and restart your device.
So, while logging in, the computer will not ask password for the specific username. But, before doing that, make sure your account will not be accessed by others. It’s recommended to use password because someone may access your computer without your knowledge and access your files. To cancel the whole auto-login process, you need to change the newly created values.