If you have lost your phone, username, password, or something else, do not worry. There is still a way to recover your Telegram account. We will explain the steps to you. Keep reading, and you'll discover how to recover your Telegram account.
How to recover your Telegram account if you lost your phone
The first question is, did you also lose your phone number? If the answer is no, we assume you informed your operator about the lost phone and that you have a new SIM card with the same number. If that is the case, you can bring your account back in just a few minutes.
This process should be done on a desktop. It is going to be easier and more practical.
- Open Telegram in your web browser and try to log into your account regularly, using your phone number, as you always do.
- Now, you will see a new message on your computer’s screen telling you that they sent a confirmation code to your phone asking you to enter that code in the selected field. Since you have your new SIM card, that will not be a problem for you, enter the code and click on the login button.
Once you have recovered your account, you need to make sure that no one else is using your Telegram account on that phone you recently lost.
Follow these steps to restrict any sessions on that lost phone:
- Once in the app, look for the three-line menu to open some options.
- Find the Settings section there and click on it to open some new additional settings.
- Scroll down until you see the "Active Sessions" section, then click on that.
- Among the many options, you will need to find "Terminate all other sessions" and click on that. This will stop all other sessions and restrict usage of your Telegram account on all other devices. So you do not have to worry now. No one except you will have access to your Telegram account.
How to recover a Telegram account using a third-party application
Many third-party apps will help you recover your Telegram account if you have, perhaps, also lost the phone number and you cannot get back into your account.
We recommend you use this app, but you can use any kind of app you want. The app’s name is Recover Deleted Telegram Account. The app will ask you to enter your username.
It is free, but you will probably be asked to complete a short survey to continue. You will then be asked to enter the last phone number used while creating the Telegram account. Simply follow all the app steps and you should get your account back in just a few minutes.
Of course, if you do not want to leave your personal and account data on some apps, you do not have to.