TikTok is, how you already maybe know, a viral app that is made for sharing short videos with others. It is an app that lets you express your creativity and share it with others. You can create and edit your funny videos and share them with other people on the web. It is a social media app similar to ByteApp, but the difference is that TikTok allows you to post longer videos.
If you have, for some reason, deleted your TikTok account, do not worry. We will show you how you can get it back in just a few simple steps.
See also: TikTok is not opening – How to fix it
Types of account deactivation on TikTok:
There are two types of account deactivation, the permanent and the temporary one. When you want to deactivate your account, they will ask you to confirm that you are sure, and you will get a notification that your account is only temporarily deleted until thirty days have passed.
Not to get your hopes up, but if you may be deleted your account before 30 days or more, unfortunately, there is no way you can get it back. But, if you have deactivated your account recently, follow these steps below to get your account back!
How to activate your account again:
The steps to do this are straightforward, and you will get your account back in just a few minutes!
- If you deactivated your account and then deleted the app, you will have to go to the App Store or the Google Play Store and download and install it again because you cannot use TikTok on PC or MAC devices. But if you still have the app installed on your phone, proceed to the next step.
- When you open your TikTok app, go to the Me icon in the bottom right corner of your phone’s screen.
- The new tab will ask you whether you want to register a new account on TikTok or log into your old one. Click on the login option that is probably going to be written with smaller red letters.
- We hope you have remembered your email and password because you cannot go back into your account without it. Type in your password and your email in the selected places and click on the login button. If you do not remember your password, you are lucky because there is still a way you can recover your account with your email or via your phone number.
- If your account was deactivated before a month or more, you would get a message saying that the account with that username, email, and password does not exist. But, if you only recently deactivated the account, you will get the message that your account is currently under deactivation process but that you can cancel that process. To cancel it, click on the Cancel Deactivation red button that will be located in the right bottom half of your device’s screen.
- And that is all, you have now successfully activated your account, and you are again able to post or watch other TikToker’s funny content.
If you get a message that your account was deleted for good, but you are sure that you deactivated it a couple of days ago, you might have to contact TikTok’s staff via email or Support. I am sure that they will explain the situation to you and that they will be able to give you more information, and some possible solutions and other options for your issue.