All of us experienced that not so pleasant situation when we accidentally delete one of the messages on our Android device. Or, we delete the message and change our minds later. What to do if this just happened? Here, we are going to share a guide that will show you how to recover deleted text messages on Android. It may require a bit of your time, but if the message is important to you, then it is definitely worth your time and effort.
See also: Android vs. iPhone: Which one to buy?
How to recover deleted text messages on Android
As we all know, there is, unfortunately, no undo option when it comes to deleted messages. So, when you delete a message you may think this is it. I have just deleted the message and I won’t be able to get it back. You can retrieve the messages using FonePaw Android Data Recovery.
In order to use this program, you need to connect your phone with your PC, and then you need to follow the instructions which the program presents in front of you. Check out some of the most important features of this program first.
- This program not only helps you to recover the deleted text messages but also MMS, contacts, and some other necessary information.
- It gives you the option to save the recovered text messages in both HTML and CSV format on your PC so that you can have messages in a well readable format.
- This software is supported on all the major phone brands such as HTC, Google, Nexus, OnePlus etc.
- Helps you to recover WhatsApp logs, images, and messages as well.
Now that you know some of the most important features of FonePaw Android Data Recovery, we can move to the guide that will show you how to retrieve the messages. Follow the steps listed below:
- The first step is that you need to connect your Android device with your PC with the help of a data cable
- Now Start the recovery program.
- In case the USB debugging is disabled on your phone, the program will instantly ask you to turn on the USB debugging so the PC can detect and communicate to your Android device. So, in case the debugging is turned off, enable it and press “OK”.
- If the connection is successfully established between your phone and PC, the program will present you a list of choices asking you what type of data you would like to recover, and the choices are images, simple text messages, WhatsApp messages, or videos. In our scenario, we will choose “Messages”, and then we will press Next.
- Before scanning and recovering the data, the program will ask you for the grant, and you have to allow it by tap ‘grant’ on your phone screen.
- After the above step, it will present you all the deleted messages, and you simply need to press the ‘recover’ button to save those messages on your PC in HTML or CSV format.
There it is. You can now retrieve deleted messages on your Android device. As we mentioned above, this may require a bit of your time and effort, but we think it is definitely worth it. Give it a go.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.