Screen recording is a useful tool to record the changes on your iPhone’s screen. Some people use it to record mobile games they play so that they can post victorious moments or complicated skill-shots on their social media platforms. Others may use screen recordings to teach people how to configure a function on their iPhone. Nevertheless, it is easier to use a screen recording to express what happens compared words, because people can see and follow through the changes on the phone screen visually.
Thus, this article will show you the steps to record screen on iPhone for yourself.
See also: How to record a phone call on iPhone
Steps to follow
iPhones have inbuilt screen recorders that can be used for screen recording. Hence, we will make use of this function and allow it to be accessed from all apps.
- From the home page of your device, locate Settings. Launch the application once you have found it on your home page.
- Scroll and look for Control Centre within the Settings app. Click on that to view the settings for functions that can be found within the Control Centre.
- Click on Customise Controls to view the functions available within your Control Centre.
- Scroll and look for Screen Recording. It should be shown with a red icon of two circles, one within another. To add the screen recording function to our Control Centre, click on the green plus button beside the option. If you notice that there is a red minus icon beside the screen recording function instead, it has already been added to your Control Centre.
- Click on Back at the top left to return to the previous page.
- To be able to use the function within another app, toggle the switch beside Access Within Apps to pull up the Control Centre while within another app. Otherwise, you will only be able to access the Control Centre when on the home screen.
- Before you start the recording, it may be a good idea to enable Do Not Disturb to prevent notifications from popping up while you are performing a screen recording.
- To start recording, swipe up from the bottom of the screen on your iPhone. This will bring up the Control Centre.
- Locate the Screen Recording icon. Tap on it once to start the recording. There will be a three-second countdown before the recording starts.
- If you would like the device to record sound as well, press and hold on the Screen Recording icon before you start recording. When a menu pops up, click on the last button with a microphone icon. This will switch on the microphone. Sounds from the phone speaker and your voice will be recorded through the microphone.
- Once you start recording, there will be a red bar above your screen. On newer iPhone models, it is located on the top left instead.
- Tap on this red bar to stop the recording. A window will pop-up that will allow you to end the recording. Press on the stop option to confirm. If you are within an app, you will have to go back to the home page to access the red bar. Alternatively, you can click on the Screen Recording function from the Control Centre again to stop the recording.
- A notification that the recording is sent to Photos will appear. To view the screen recording, you may click on the notification. You will be brought directly to the video clip of the screen recording. Alternatively, you can manually go to Photos from the home screen of your iPhone to locate the recording.
Take note that some apps, such as Netflix, do not allow screen recording. This is because the apps want to prevent users from recording copyrighted or licensed content that is found on the apps.