Instagram is currently the second most used social media network in the world, it is right behind the TikTok app. Instagram is available for Android, Windows, and IOS devices. You probably already know what is the main purpose of Instagram, posting pictures and videos of course! But like any other rising social media app out there, Instagram is trying to keep up with all of the trends and because of that they always tend to add more features to their app to make it better and to lure in more people to register. If you are among those people that for some reason deactivated their Instagram account, but now wants it back because Instagram is cool, you are in the right place! We are going to give you a full step by step guide on how you can do this easily and in no time!
Steps to reactivating your Instagram account
If you deactivated your account a few days ago, you can now get it back instantly. But if you deactivated the account just a few hours ago, you will probably have to wait a bit more until you can get back into your account again. The process of deactivation takes a few hours and needs to be finished.
Have in mind that if you deleted your account, you, unfortunately, cannot get it back. Only deactivated accounts can, because that is only temporary, and deleting the account is permanent.
- We are going to assume that you already have the Instagram application on your phone. If you deleted it when you deactivated your account, no worries, just go to the App Store or to the Google Play Store and download and install Instagram again.
- I hope that you remember your password and your username for the next step because you will need to log in to your account just like you do that regularly. Have in mind that if you forgot your password you can still reset it, so there is no need to worry about that.
- When you click on that Log In button, a new window is going to appear on your device’s screen. You will be asked to confirm that you really want to reactivate your account and to prove that that account really does belong to you. You might need to type in your email or your phone number where they are going to send you a verification code that you will be able to type in the little box that is going to appear on your phone’s screen.
- Also, you might get additional questions when trying to reactivate your account and log in.
- After confirming that the account really belongs to you, you will be able to start using Instagram regularly. Go and see what you’ve missed!
If you want to reactivate a disabled Instagram account:
If your account has maybe been disabled by Instagram for violating some of its terms, or for some other reason, you are able to get it back.
- Go to Instagram app on your phone and try to log in regularly.
- You will get a message saying that your account is disabled, go to the next step if you do.
- Next, you will have to visit this link in order to get the account back. https://help.instagram.com/contact/606967319425038You can visit this link via a browser on your phone or on your computer, it doesn’t matter, either way will work.
- You will need to fill out all of the forms and questions Instagram might ask you. For example, your email, name, username and etc.
- When you are done click on Send.
You will now have to wait for a certain amount of time until Instagram decides whether or not they are going to activate your account. You will get an email with that message.