If you’re a Mac user, we know you have tried at least once to post on Instagram using your Mac computer, and we also know that you faced difficulties in how to make it. This is why this article is made. Here, we’re going to show you how to publish content, either photos or videos, on your Instagram account via your Mac. There are two methods that allow you to publish a media file on Instagram from a Mac PC. The first method is using the Apple browser (Safari), and the second method – using the Chrome browser.
See also: How to secure your Instagram account
Posting on Instagram using Safari:
It’s a clever trick that will let you upload photos on Instagram with your Mac and you just need to open Instagram website like you are using an iPhone. Follow these simple steps:
- First of all, launch Safari navigator then click on “Preferences” and choose “Advanced”. Verify from the menu bar that “Show Develop Menu” is switched on.
- In the next step, you go to Instagram and login to get access to your account.
- Then you have to go to “Develop” drop-down menu you can find it on the top menu bar, then select “User Agent” and finally select “Safari – iOS 12 – iPhone” or it could be the latest version, other than 12.
After this, Instagram would consider you an iPhone owner using Safari mobile version. You just need to reload the website page to get an iPhone like display, and you will get all the functionalities of a mobile user. One of these functionalities is the ability to upload images and videos.
- Then you can see that the upload feature or button has appeared on the middle bottom of the browser. Once you click the upload button, it will lead you to your computer files. Choose any photo or video you want to share, select a filter and click “next”.
- Finally, by clicking “share” on the top right of the screen, your image will be posted on your Instagram profile.
Posting on Instagram using Chrome:
There is not a big difference between Safari and Chrome, and basically, it’s the same principle to follow.
- On the menu bar, select “View” then select “Developer”. A list of option will expand from which you have to choose “Developer Tools”. The console opens, and you have to find the menu bar icon which is left from the “Elements” option. This allows you to switch the user agent and Instagram mobile version will display.
- Now you have to select your device. In fact, by clicking “Responsive” on the menu bar, a list of Apple devices will expand and all you have to do is to choose yours. Once you select your option, the display will look like the display of the chosen device. If this does not happen and the display remains unchanged, just refresh the website.
- After everything is set like described above, the upload button will appear on your virtual mobile screen. Go ahead and click the upload button on the middle bottom of the screen. This will systematically open the folder with your files on your Mac computer.
Then, it’s a time to choose a photo or image or even a video, and once selected, you get two options; either you want to rotate the photo or to zoom in or make both of them if you like.
After this, Instagram offers multiple filters to choose from. Make your appropriate choice and click “Next” after which you can write a short description of the photo.
In the end, click “Share” and the photo would appear instantly on your Instagram profile.