Most of the people who use Instagram spend a lot of time in checking out Instagram stories of the people they follow. Due to this, Instagram provides an excellent opportunity for their users to sell their products by adding links to their websites in the Instagram stories as this helps in routing the traffic to a website. Many people use this feature to promote their new YouTube videos, so it definitely is a great option.
See also: How to download Instagram photos
The usage of Instagram links has many benefits, such as:
- The routing and increase of traffic to your website or blog which you have linked on your Instagram.
- The rapid increase in sales. Instagram has helped many businesses grow in just a couple of years because when people see the striking images of your product on your Instagram, they will undoubtedly want to see the details regarding that product and will visit your links by clicking on the images.
For users with a verified account or over ten thousand followers
For example, if someone has ten thousand or more followers or is an authenticated user on Instagram, then they are very fortunate because they get an option called “swipe up link” option. The swipe up link is a way to post info regarding some cool content which could be about a new product, event or some service and the people could just swipe up for the details.
Let us now discuss the possible ways with which one could post the link on their Instagram and get the advantage to the fullest.
- In case one has ten thousand or more followers on Instagram or has a verified Instagram account, then they will see a ‘link’ icon (option) when they open their Instagram story menu.
- Next step is to click on the link icon.
- Upon clicking the link icon user will be presented with two options “+URL” and “+IGTV Video.”
- You can choose the one according to your need, but in our case, we will click on the “+URL” button.
- Now type or paste the URL to the site which you want to link on your Instagram story.
- Click on the “Done” button on the top right.
- Lastly, Click on the “+Story” button, which can be found on the bottom right of the story screen to publish your story. Now you can see that your published story contains a “See More” swipe up link.
Links via Metricool
The users who do not have over ten thousand followers or a verified account can post links only in the bio of their Instagram profiles. Therefore, such users can take benefit by posting links to their sites via Metricool in following way:
- Login to your Metricool profile.
- Access planning from the left menu.
- Click on the Instagram Link option.
- In this section, the user can start linking the content.
- First, select all of the published material on Instagram which you want to show on the link click (The links in red color above the posts are images which do not have a link and won’t be shown)
- Now configure all the links which you want to display.
- Lastly, copy the link which appears at the start of the images.
This way, the user will be able to display the link in his/her bio. Via this method, the user will be able to create a similar Instagram profile, but the difference will be that this profile will contain only the images which are chosen by the user. Once the user clicks on an image on the identical profile, he/she will be taken on the page to which the user has linked it to.