Playing Google Stadia on TV is pretty easy. You will need a Chromecast Ultra, a TV having an HDMI port, a Google Stadia account, a Google Stadia Android or iOS app, a Google Stadia controller, a good and stable internet connection with a minimum speed of 10 Mbps and a secure wireless network. The Mobile device or tablet should have Android 5.0 or higher or iOS 11.0 or higher (The mobile device or tablet should be able to support a 5 GHz connection). Once you have these things, you can follow these steps to start playing Google Stadia on TV.
See also: How to play Google Stadia on PC
Set up the Chromecast Ultra
- First, what you need to do is set up the Chromecast ultra. To do this, download the Google Home app and the Google app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- You need to have a Google account too. If you do not have one, create it.
- Now, plug the power supply into the Chromecast Ultra and then plug this power supply into an open outlet.
- Now, the HDMI wire of the Chromecast Ultra should be inserted into the HDMI port of the TV. If you want, you can also connect an ethernet cable (connected to the same network as your mobile device or tablet) into the power supply of the Chromecast.
- Switch on the TV and change the input source of the TV to get the home screen of Chromecast.
- Now, you need to open the Google Home app and sign in to your Google account.
- Choose the ‘set up 1 device’ option displayed on the Google Home app screen.
- Choose a home.
- The app will now start looking for devices and display a list of nearby devices available to connect to.
- From this list, tap on the Chromecast Ultra device that you want to connect to and then tap the ‘next’ option.
- A code will be displayed on the app screen. Check to see if this code matches the code being displayed on the TV screen.
- If the two codes match, then tap on the ‘yes’ option.
- Next, choose whether or not you want to help improve the Chromecast Ultra by sending device stats and crash reports to Google.
- Choose a location where the Chromecast Ultra device is there from the list of locations in the list shown and then tap on the ‘next’ option.
- Choose the wi-fi network that you want to use with the Chromecast Ultra device and tap next.
- Wait until the connection is established and when the message ‘all done!’ is displayed on the app screen, tap the ‘continue’ option.
- Wait for the app to update the Chromecast Ultra device software.
- Once this update is done, the Chromecast Ultra is set up.
Set up the controller
- Now, to set up the Google Stadia controller, first, switch it on by keeping the Stadia button pressed for around two seconds (or until the controller vibrates).
- Open the Stadia app on the mobile device and sign in to your Stadia account.
- You should see the controller icon in the top-right area of the app screen. Tap on this icon.
- Select the Google Stadia controller which you want to set up. When the controller vibrates tap on the ‘yes’ then the ‘continue’ option.
- Now, connect to the same wi-fi network as before and then tap on the ‘done’ option.
- An update will start for the controller which can wait for to get completed or you can skip it and then tap on the ‘ok’ option.
- A code will appear on the TV screen to sync the controller to the Chromecast Ultra. Press this code on the controller to sync it. Once you are done with this, the controller is also set up.
- Now you need to add the Stadia account to the Chromecast. To do this, just open the Stadia app and press on the avatar of your Stadia account.
- Tap on the ‘add account to Chromecast’ option.
- Choose the TV and then tap on the ‘done’ option once it appears.
- Open a game on the Stadia app and then tap on the ‘play’ button near it.
- Choose the TV as the screen to play on.
- Now press the play icon on the game.
- The game should start getting cast on the TV screen and you can play it using the controller.