Playing Google Stadia on TV is pretty straightforward. You will need a Chromecast Ultra, a TV with an HDMI port, a Google Stadia account, a Google Stadia Android or iOS app, a Google Stadia controller, a good and stable internet connection with a minimum speed of 10 Mbps and a secure wireless network.
The Mobile device or tablet should have Android 5.0 or higher or iOS 11.0 or higher (The mobile device or tablet should be able to support a 5 GHz connection). Once you have these things, you can follow these steps to start playing Google Stadia on your TV.
Set up the Chromecast Ultra
- First, what you need to do is set up the Chromecast ultra. To do this, download the Google Home app and the Google app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- You need to have a Google account too. If you do not have one, create one.
- Now, plug the power supply into the Chromecast Ultra and then plug this power supply into an open outlet.
- The HDMI wire of the Chromecast Ultra should be inserted into the TV's HDMI port. If you want, you can also connect an ethernet cable (connected to the same network as your mobile device or tablet) to the power supply of the Chromecast.
- Switch on the TV and change the input source of the TV to get the home screen of Chromecast.
- You must open the Google Home app and sign in to your Google account.
- Choose the 'set up one device' option on the Google Home app screen.
- Choose a home.
- The app will now look for devices and display a list of nearby devices available to connect.
- From this list, tap on the Chromecast Ultra device you want to connect to and then tap the 'next' option.
- A code will be displayed on the app screen. Check to see if this code matches the code being displayed on the TV screen.
- If the two codes match, tap on the 'yes' option.
- Next, choose whether or not you want to help improve the Chromecast Ultra by sending device stats and crash reports to Google.
- Choose a location where the Chromecast Ultra device is there from the list of locations in the list shown, and then tap on the 'next' option.
- Choose the Wi-Fi network you want to use with the Chromecast Ultra device and tap next.
- Wait until the connection is established and tap the' continue' option when the message 'all done!' is displayed on the app screen.
- Wait for the app to update the Chromecast Ultra device software.
- Once this update is done, the Chromecast Ultra will be set up.
Set up the controller
- To set up the Google Stadia controller, switch it on by pressing the Stadia button for around two seconds (or until the controller vibrates).
- Open the Stadia app on your mobile device and sign in to your Stadia account.
- You should see the controller icon in the top-right area of the app screen. Tap on this icon.
- Select the Google Stadia controller you want to set up. When the controller vibrates, tap on the 'yes' and then the 'continue' option.
- Now, connect to the same Wi-Fi network as before and tap on the 'done' option.
- An update will start for the controller, which you can wait to be completed or skip it and then tap on the 'ok' option.
- A code will appear on the TV screen to sync the controller to the Chromecast Ultra. Press this code on the controller to sync it. Once you are done with this, the controller will also be set up.
- Now you need to add the Stadia account to your Chromecast. To do this, open the Stadia app and press on the avatar of your Stadia account.
- Tap on the "add account to Chromecast" option.
- Choose the TV and tap on the 'done' option once it appears.
- Open a game on the Stadia app and then tap on the 'play' button near it.
- Choose the TV as the screen to play on.
- Now press the play icon in the game.
- The game should start getting cast on the TV screen, and you can play it using the controller.
Join our newsletter 🎉Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss out on what's happening in the tech world. It's that simple.
- Latest Tech News
- Exclusive Tech Deals