If you use the YouTube Music app on your smartphone or tablet, don’t forget to explore the settings. There are many interesting things that you can adjust according to your preferences. If you don’t like getting the recommendations based on your recent activity when using the app, you can turn the option off. And that’s what we are going to talk about here. We are going to share a quick and easy to follow guide on how to pause activity-based recommendations in YouTube Musc app.
How to pause activity-based recommendations in YouTube Music app
As mentioned, the app comes with a great set of options that you can turn on or off. Here is how you can pause the recommendations that are based on your recent activity:
- Open YouTube Music app on your smartphone or tablet
- Next, tap on your profile photo or avatar image
- Now tap Settings
- When the Settings menu opens, tap on Privacy and Location
- On the next screen, scroll all the way to the bottom and you will see the option “Pause activity-based recommendations”
- The option is turned off by default. Just toggle the switch right next to it and you will turn it on.
That’s it. You won’t receive the recommendations based on your activity. If you change your mind at some point and want to turn this feature off, follow the steps we have listed here and toggle the switch next to the option.