For many people, Viber is the favorite instant messaging app. It is mainly because it is simple and easy to use, it is free, and it comes with a wide range of great features. One of the options is to open secret chats and that’s what we are going to talk about here. If you want to learn more about it along with the steps on how to open a secret chat on Viber, keep reading.
See also: How to change chat background on Viber
When you start a secret chat with one of your contacts:
- It includes a self-destruct timer (you can set the time you want as soon as you start the chat)
- There is end-to-end encryption
- You and your contact won’t be able to forward the messages you have sent to one another
- In addition, you and your contact won’t be able to take screenshots of the conversation in the secret chat.
How to open a secret chat on Viber
Opening a secret chat on Viber is very simple. Here is how to do it:
- Open the chat with the contact you want to start a secret chat with
- Tap on three dots in the top-right corner of the screen
- Tap Open secret chat
As soon as you tap on that option, another chatbox with that contact will open. You will see “1 min” option, and if you click on that, you will be able to choose a self-destruct time. As mentioned, you and your contact won’t be able to forward the messages you have sent to one another, and you won’t be able to screenshot the conversation. If you try to do so, you’ll get a message saying “Unable to take screenshots of private content.”
This is how you can start secret chats on Viber. So, if there is something private you want to share with one of your contacts, this is the best way to do it.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.