If you are experiencing certain issues with your LG G7 ThinQ phone, such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or apps-related one and you tried to fix it but nothing seems to be working, perhaps it is time to go for a master reset. We usually list it when talking about phone problems and ways to fix them, but we always put it at the end of the list. Why? It is because of the fact this method wipes everything on your phone, and not just that. It also restores all the settings to the factory defaults, and it is something you can’t undo once it is done.
See also: How to delete apps on Android
When it comes to master reset, there are two methods to opt for. The first one is through settings, and the second one is using the physical buttons. The second one comes as handy when the phone is unresponsive. In the ideal situation (when the phone is responsive), you need to make sure that you create a back up first. As we just mentioned above, a master reset deletes everything, so backup is a must. In some situations, unfortunately, creating a backup is impossible. A master reset will not delete the files on your SD card and SIM card.
How to master reset LG G7 ThinQ: Settings
The first method is simpler, and it is ideal when your device is responsive. As we mentioned, make sure to back up your files first. When you are done, follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings > General
- Tap Restart & Reset
- Now tap Factory data reset
- Tap Reset phone > Delete All
- Finally, tap Reset.
How to master reset LG G7 ThinQ: Physical keys
Here is another way to master reset your phone. Sometimes, people use it when the phone won’t turn off, or when the Settings is stuck. Here is what you need to do:
- If possible, create a backup
- Turn off your phone
- At the same time, press and hold the Power button and the Volume down button
- Once the LG logo shows up, keep holding the Volume button and release and tap and hold the Power button again
- The message saying “Delete all user data and reset all settings” will show up
- Use the Volume down button and navigate to the message and highlight Yes
- Press the Power button to master reset the phone.
Let the phone do its job. Once it turns on, follow the on-screen guidance to set it up from scratch.