WhatsApp is rated as one of the best apps designed for instant messaging. You can chat with your loved ones, but not just that. You can enjoy video calls, and you can exchange links and various files with your contacts. In one of our previous guides, we have explained how you can set and delete a status in the app. Perhaps you don’t want all of your contacts to see your status updates or you want to share it only with that special someone, and if that’s the case, keep reading. Here, we are going to show you how to manage who can see your status updates on WhatsApp.
How to manage who can see your status updates
The great thing about WhatsApp is that the app comes with various options placed in settings. You can make the changes you want to make sure you will get the experience that will suit you and your needs. Sharing status is easy and it is fun, but maybe you don’t want everyone to see it and that’s fine. You can share whatever you want with whoever you want. And, you just need to make proper adjustment in settings. Here is how to do just that:
- Open WhatsApp
- Tap on three dots in the top-right
- From the drop-down menu choose Settings
- Tap Account
- Tap Privacy
- Find Status on the list, and tap on it
- There, select one of the following options: My contacts, My contacts except (tap on it and choose the contacts), and Only share with (tap on it and choose the contacts).
- Once you select the option you want, click Done.
As you can see, this is quite simple. If you want to make changes again at some point, remove some contacts or add new ones, follow the same steps.