WhatsApp is rated as one of the best apps designed for instant messaging. You can chat with your loved ones, but not just that. You can enjoy video calls, and you can exchange links and various files with your contacts. If you don’t want all of your contacts to see your status updates or you want to share it only with that special someone, and if that’s the case, keep reading. We will show you how to manage who can see your status updates on WhatsApp.
How to manage who can see your status updates
The great thing about WhatsApp is that the app comes with various options located in settings. You can make the changes you want to ensure you get the experience that will suit you and your needs. Sharing statuses is easy and fun, but maybe you don’t want everyone to see it, and that’s fine. You can share whatever you want with whomever you want. You need to make the proper adjustments in the settings. Here’s how to do just that:
- Open WhatsApp
- Tap on the three dots in the top-right
- From the drop-down menu, choose Settings
- Tap Account.
- Tap Privacy.
- Find Status on the list, and tap on it.
- From there, select one of the options: My contacts, My contacts except (tap on it and choose the contacts), and Only share with (tap on it and select the contacts).
- Once you select the option you want, click Done.
As you can see, this is quite simple. If you want to make changes again at some point, remove some contacts or add new ones, follow the same steps.