There are several ways to make your AirPods louder and we are going to list them here. But make sure the AirPods are not too loud at the end. After all, you can damage your hearing that way. So, adjust the volume, but be careful.
See also: How to find one lost AirPod
Changing the volume
If you just got your AirPods and it is all new to you, here is how you can change the volume:
- AirPods 2nd gen (including AirPods Pro) – just say “Hey Siri” followed by a command for Siri to turn the volume up.
- AirPods 1st gen – first, wake up Siri by tapping on one of your AirPods. Next, give a command to Siri to turn the volume up.
Make sure your AirPods are clean
This may seem obvious, but have you checked your AirPods to see if they are clean? If not, do it now. You may see some wax, dirt or debris that is blocking the sound. Do not clean them using anything that is wet. Use a toothbrush or a cotton swab instead.
Changes in the Music app settings
Some users noticed that the sound issues pop up only when they use the Music app. If you experience the same, you can easily fix it by making some changes in the app’s settings. Here is what you need to do:
- Navigate to Settings > Music
- Make sure Volume Limit is turned off
- Also, make sure that the EQ is turned off
Turn Bluetooth off then back on
No matter how simple this may seem, make sure to try it out. Sometimes, the sound issue is just a result of a glitch and it can be fixed simply by turning the Bluetooth off and then back on. You can also restart your iPhone.
Make both AirPods equally loud
If one of the AirPods is louder than the other, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Settings > Accessibility > Audio/Visual
- Find the “Balance” option, and make sure the button for it is exactly in the middle.
If necessary, you can also forget the AirPods on your iPhone then pair them with your phone all over again.
You may also read: How to check AirPods warranty online
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.