If you have your own server on Discord and the number of new server users is constantly increasing, you should consider having administrators on your server. The administrators should be the users you trust, so they can take care of the things on the server. For example, they can edit the messages, delete inappropriate ones, ban users, and many other things. We are going to show you how to make someone admin on Discord.
Guide on how to make someone admin on Discord
You can make someone admin on Discord using the Discord app on your Windows PC or on your Mac. Follow the steps below:
- Open the Discord app on your Windows PC or on your Mac
- Next, go to the server you own and then click on its name
- Select the option “Server Settings”
- Now select Roles
- Click on the plus icon in the top-left and then click on New Role
- There will be a heading called Role Name but you can change it into Admin or Administrator
- If you want admins to be listed above the rest of the users on your server, make sure to check off the option “Display role members separately from online members”
- Find General Permissions
- Click Administrator
- Click Save at the bottom of the page
- Find the user you want to give the role to, right-click on its username and then click on Roles
- Finally, click on the role you have created.
See also: How to turn off Discord overlay
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.