If for some reason, you don’t want to make a video on TikTok, there is a way to make content on TikTok using photos only. You can make photo videos on TikTok. A photo video is basically a slideshow of photos. In these photo videos, you can include sounds/songs, filters, and stickers of your choice too. There are two ways to make a photo video on TikTok.
See also: How to create TikTok subtitles
The standard way
Using this way, you can create a photo video with only one type of transition between different photos in the video. There is no specified limit on the number of photos that you can include in the photo video. For making a photo video in this way, follow these steps:
- On your device, open the TikTok app and tap on the ‘+’ icon.
- You’ll see an ‘upload’ option at the bottom-right part of the app screen. Tap on this option.
- Tap on the ‘image’ option to go to the image tab and then select all the photos that you want as part of the photo video.
- Tap on the ‘next’ option now.
- Add some filters and/or sound to the video and tap next.
- Choose location, duet allowance, privacy details of the video, and then either post the video or save it on your phone.
Using templates, you have different options of templates based on which you can make a photo video. However, depending on the template, there will some limit on the number of photos that you can choose to make the photo video. To make a photo video using templates:
- First, open the TikTok app on your smartphone.
- Now, you need to tap on the ‘+’ icon located in the bottom center of the app screen.
- You should be able to see that your device camera has switched on and is displaying on the app screen (If you do not see the camera screen, you need to give permission to the TikTok app for using your device camera). Also, in the bottom area, you will see that there are a few options/icons. What you need to do now is tap on the ‘templates’ option.
- A new app screen will open now displaying various templates that you can switch between by swiping left or right. Go through these templates and choose one of them that fits your criteria for making the photo video that you want to make.
- Go to the template you chose by swiping left or right.
- Now, locate the ‘select photos’ button and tap on it.
- The TikTok app will now take you to the screen where all the photos and videos stored on your device will be displayed (If they are not being displayed, it is likely that you did not give the TikTok app permission to access your device files. So you need to give this permission to the TikTok app before proceeding further.).
- Select the photos that you want in the photo video.
- After choosing the photos, tap on the ‘ok’ button placed at the bottom-right area of the app screen.
- Next, add some sound, effects, stickers, or text if you want to and then tap on the next icon.
- Now, choose certain details about the video like location, comments allowance, etc. and then tap on the ‘post’ option to post the video or tap on the ‘drafts’ option to save it.
Points to note:
- You can also include videos along with photos when you use the first way as described above.
- Choose templates carefully considering the limit on the number of photos for a template before using that template for the second method.
- The methods described above are applicable for both Android and iOS versions of the TikTok app.