Telegram is an app made for communicating with people that are either near or very far from you. It is a messaging app that also supports calls and video calls. You only need to have Wi-Fi or your mobile data in order to use this app. If you do not, you will not be able to receive messages and calls, nor to send them to other users. The app was released in 2013, and at first, it did not have many users, nor was it popular. But now, Telegram is right behind Viber and WhatsApp and counts over 200 million users a month, which is a lot, really. Telegram also has a group chat feature, but, here they are called channels. You are able to join multiple channels and to take part in many different discussions there.
In this article, we will be giving you a full and detailed guide on how you can join channels and how you can leave them if you want to. It is a very simple process that can be done in just a few minutes if you follow these steps down below correctly. So, keep reading this article to find out how to do so.
Steps to joining a channel on Telegram
- First, open the Telegram app on your device and make sure that you are logged into your account. If you are not, now is the right time to do so.
- Find the Search bar and click on it. We hope that you know the name of that channel that you are trying to join in. In the search bar, you will need to type first the @ sign and then the name of the channel.
- In the results section, you will be able to see all of the channels with a similar name, open the one whose member you want to become.
- When the chat opens up the only thing that you will be able to see is the big blue Join button. Tap on it to continue.
- If the channel is private, the host will need to revise your request and will let you in only if they want to. And, if the channel is public, you will become its member right away and you will be able to see all the messages there.
Steps to leaving a channel on Telegram
The Telegram app is available for Android, Windows, and IOS devices. The steps for leaving the channel are pretty much the same on all of these devices. We will be giving a universal guide that you will be able to follow on any kind of device that you are using. Here are the steps:
- You will first need to open the Telegram app on your device and to log in to your Telegram account.
- Find the channel that you want to leave and right-click on it so some few options could show up on your screen.
- You will be able to see exactly 5 new options in that pop-up menu. But, we were looking for the last one. The last one is the Leave channel option. Tap on it.
- Now, a new pop-up window is going to show up on your screen asking you are you sure that you want to leave that channel. Confirm that statement by clicking on the Leave button.
Congratulations, you have successfully left that channel. You will no longer be able to receive notifications nor get any kind of messages from that channel. It will no longer be available to you. But, you can always re-join, just follow the steps in the first paragraph of this article.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.