In this article, we are going to talk about Microsoft Teams’ meeting feature, how to use it, and how to join meetings there. But, before that, we are going to talk about the Microsoft Teams platform in general. So, keep reading this article to find out some basic information about this amazing platform, or, head over to the second paragraph of this article right away to find out the process to join a Microsoft Teams meeting.
Something little about the Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is a platform that has the purpose of gathering people together in meetings. This platform actually makes our lives way easier. You are able to meet, and hold online video conferences if needed. This platform is available for Windows 10, and Mac OS systems. And it is mostly used by schools and companies which need a way to work online when they do not have the ability to meet in real life. Joining meetings in Microsoft Teams is the basic option there, and here is how you can join the meetings that you have been invited to.
Steps to joining a meeting in Microsoft Teams
There are a few different ways you are able to use in order to join a meeting on Microsoft Teams. And we are going to try our best to explain all of them to you.
The first way of joining a meeting:
- When someone invites you to join their meeting, you get the email invitation instantly. So, the first thing that you need to do, is to open up your email on your computer. And, of course, find that email that contains the invitation.
- Once you open the email, you will be able to see the Join Microsoft Teams Meeting button. Click on it.
- You are going to be redirected to Microsoft Teams’ page where you will be able to choose whether or not you want to continue to the meeting in your web browser, or you want to download the Microsoft Teams app now. Choose whichever option suits you more. By clicking on the Join in the browser option, all that you need to do is to type your name that is going to be displayed to other users in the meeting. And then click on the Join now button. It is even better if you have the Microsoft Teams account, and by logging in, you will be able to see the meeting’s chat and other good features.
Once you have entered the meeting, you will need to choose and set up your own audio and video settings. You can mute yourself, turn off the video and etc. Set them up however you want it o.
- There is a chance that, if the meeting is private, you will be on the waiting list until the owner of the meeting decides to let you in.
The second way of joining a meeting:
If you have the Microsoft Teams app, open it now so that you can continue.
- Find the Join button in the app when it loads, and click on it.
- If you know the meeting ID, select the Dial-in number and conference ID option in order to join in. You will be asked to type in the meeting ID and its password so that you can join. After you type that, click on the Join now button.
- If needed, you are able to adjust your audio and video settings. You can turn the video off, turn it on, and mute or unmute yourself. That is completely your own choice.
And that is how to join a meeting on Microsoft Teams.