Apple TV is a very powerful little device that is all about the top quality entertainment. As soon as you plug it into your TV, you can enjoy sports, TV shows, movies, music and so on. But, did you know that Apple TV can be even more powerful? If you are wondering how to do that, the answer is simple – jailbreak Apple TV.
In case you own an iPhone, you are probably familiar with the term jailbreak. If not, here is a brief explanation. Jailbreak is the process that allows you to have the full control over your Apple device, firmware, and operating system. You can jailbreak any iOS device, including the Apple TV. With Apple TV jailbreak, you can count on ultimate fun, because you will get the access to a wide range of unauthorized application installers. With third party apps, the possibilities are endless. Also, a jailbreak is legal, so there is absolutely nothing to be worried about.
Before we continue, we must point out that Apple TV 3 jailbreak is not possible yet, so this is a guide that will show you how to jailbreak Apple TV 2 running 5.3 software.
How to jailbreak Apple TV
Now, follow the steps below:
- Download the latest iTunes version. You can get it here.
- Open Seas0nPass.
- Choose the option: Create IPSW.
- You will get a message to connect the Apple TV to your computer using a micro USB cable (you don’t have to connect it to a power source because it’s not necessary).
- When the light on Apple TV start blinking, take the remote control, and point it in the direction of the device – press and hold the Play/Pause and Menu buttons simultaneously for seven seconds.
- The device will enter into the DFU mode, and the iTunes software will open and the installation of custom ipsw will begin.
- When the installation is finished, click Done.
- Connect your Apple TV to your TV and to a power source.
- You will see FireCore logo.
- The Apple TV jailbreak process is done.
The Apple TV jailbreak is not too complicated process, but most importantly, it will be worth it. If you want to gain the access to a wide range of apps, and if you want to use your Apple TV to the fullest, this is something you should do.
As we mentioned, Apple TV 3 jailbreak is not an option yet, but in case we get some new information, we will share them with your right away. For now, those who have Apple TV 2 can follow this pretty simple guide that shows how to jailbreak Apple TV. We are sure you will have so much fun!
Want to know how to jailbreak your iPhone? Read these: