In this guide, you are going to learn how to find and change themes on your Telegram app. We are going to give you a step by step detailed guide. It is going to be an easy to follow guide, and the steps are pretty much the same for all the devices.
See also: How to add and remove Telegram bots
Steps to installing themes on Telegram
- You will first need to open the Telegram app on your phone. We hope that you are logged into your Telegram account already, but if not, log in now in order to continue with the steps.
- Once the Home page of the Telegram app has opened on your device, you will need to click on the Search button that is located in the top right corner of your phone’s screen.
- In the Search bar you will need to type the word Themes. You are going to see the top results of the search appear right under the search bar.
- The top search result is probably going to be the Desktop Themes Channel option. If it is not on the first place just go through the search results until you find that. When you do find it, click on it.
- A new window in the form of a chat is going to open up on your screen. You will be able to see many themes available to you, scroll up and down until you find a theme that you really like and the one that you want to use on your app.
- When you have spotted a theme that you want to have and that you really like more than the other ones, look for the Download button that is going to be displayed next to the theme’s name. The Download logo is an arrow that is facing down in a blue circle. If you have found that arrow click on it. But, if for some reason, you cannot spot the arrow click on the three dots icon in the top right corner of the theme’s name. You are going to see a few options show up on your screen. Among those options find the Download one and click on it.
- When you have downloaded the theme to your device, the downward arrow is going to be changed to the document file icon. You will know that the theme has been for sure downloaded, and to open the file, click on that new icon.
- After clicking on that button, a preview of the theme is going to be shown on your device. You can see how it looks and whether you like it or not. If you want to keep the theme, you just need to click on the Apply button at the end of your screen.
And that is it you now have a new theme added to your Telegram app. If you sometimes want to change the theme you are always able to do so. Just open the Desktop Themes Channel and find the theme that you like.
Having some problems while trying to download the theme?
Well, the first thing you need to check is whether you have downloaded the theme to your device correctly. If the file icon does not show up next to the theme’s name it means that the theme has not been downloaded to your device. You can try downloading it the same way. Also, it might help if you close the Desktop Themes Channel and open it again. After refreshing the chat, try downloading the theme once again.
And of course, check your internet connection. The download process is not going to be able to start if you do not have the internet at the moment.