Apple Music service has been available since June 30 ago and everyone is invited by Apple to enjoy this service by free through their 3 months trial program. After 3 months they can subscribe it for only $9.99/month for personal plan, $14.99/month for family plan. Many people assume that Apple Music can only be enjoyed in iOS device like iPhone, iPad and iPod touch 5th Gen with iOS 8.4, but actually it can also be enjoyed on Mac with the latest version of iTunes: iTunes 12.2. All you need to do just update your iTunes to this version.
The question that appear for some people: is it possible to enjoy Apple Music without Apple device? And the answer is: yes it can. Apple is very aggressively in marketing Apple Music to almost all platforms including Windows PC. As you can guess that the application you will use to be able to listen Apple Music in Windows PC is iTunes for Windows. If we look the history of iTunes app for Windows which was introduced for the first time in 2003 wherein there was a great momentum of iPod adoption by market and iTunes for Windows “was forced” to be released because mot all of iPod users own Mac. As well as iTunes for Mac, the iTunes for Windows always follows the new update. Apple understand that personal computer with Windows OS is still dominating PC users. They don’t want to lose this important moment and service. This is the biggest feature after iTunes Store and App store. Apple Music offers more complete service than the other streaming music. Apple provides 30 millions songs by online, 24 hours radio service and a space where the artist and his/her fans meet. So, update your iTunes now. For the guide we want to share How to Install or Update iTunes 12.2 with Apple Music On Windows PC with some methods that you can choose.
How to Install or Update iTunes 12.2 with Apple Music On Windows PC
If you are a Windows user, iTunes should be installed first because it’s not a native application from Windows itself. But if you have installed before, you can just update it.
Firstly to ease the navigation, activate “Show Menu bar” like it’s shown below
To make sure your iTunes version
- Open iTunes application
- Make sure your iTunes version is 12.2. On menu, Help >> About iTunes. There will be a running text to the top started with iTunes version. If your iTunes version is not the newest, you continue with update process and you can choose to update via iTunes, via Apple Software Update or by downloading via Apple website.
Update via iTunes
- On menu bar, click Help >> Check for Update. There will be a popup message says “A new version of iTunes (12.2) is available”
- Click Download iTunes
Update via Apple Software Update
- Click Start Menu, Find to Apple Software Update
- Apple Software Update Application will check new software for you
- You can find iTunes in the update list. Click Update on that list and let App Store download and install it.
Download Update via Apple Website
- Go to Apple website
- Download iTunes, Apple Website will suggest the right version for you (32 bit or 64 bit)
- Double click iTunes installer and follow the installation instruction. Let the process running until done.