One function that hasn’t gotten much attention since the release of iOS version 13 is the implementation of custom fonts. Although the feature is still limited to certain parts of the iOS system, it is still a new feature that we can use to give our iPhones a personal touch. While not known to many, there have been apps available that provide the same service as this new feature. This third-party software can provide more custom fonts. Thus, in this article, we will introduce solutions that cover how to install custom fonts on your iPhone that you can use for different functions.
See also: How to connect iPhone to a car
Part 1: Downloading fonts
To use custom fonts, we must first download fonts to be used.
Method 1: Downloading fonts from an app.
- Download a font providing app. In this article, we will be using iFont. iFont allows you to install custom fonts to be used with compatible apps such as Pages, Keynote and Microsoft Word.
- Search for the fonts that you would like to download. You can search for fonts using the Font Finder tab.
- When you have found a font, you would like to download, tap on the Get icon next to the name of the font. The icon will change to Added when it has been added to your installer.
- Go to the installer tab. From there, you will see the font that you have just added.
- Click on the Install button.
- You will be brought to Safari. From there, an alert will pop-up to show you that a configuration profile is being installed. Select the Allow.
- When the Profile Downloaded window appears, tap on Close.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- From within Settings, go to General, then select Profiles.
- Once you have located the font name within Profiles, tap on Install on the top right of your screen.
- You will need to key-in your device’s passcode. Tap on Done once you have keyed-in the Password.
- Click on Install.
- There will be a pop-up menu on the bottom of your screen. Select Install. The fonts will now be installed.
Method 2: Downloading fonts from an online website.
- From Safari, go to typography.com
- You will need to create an account and log in. Choose Font Library from your account.
- Find a font package that you like and click on the download button beside the font name.
- Follow steps 6 to 13 in Method 1 to install the fonts.
Part 2: Using the fonts
- Go to a compatible app such as Pages.
- Create a new document.
- Tap on the brush icon within the new document on the navigation bar. This will bring up the formatting menu.
- Select the font formatting option. Fonts that are downloaded on your iPhone will appear here. Select the font you would like to use. Then, tap on the ‘x’ button to close the tab.
Part 3: Custom Fonts in other Apps
In case you would like to use custom fonts within other applications or do not have iOS 13, you would need to follow these steps.
- Download a keyboard app such as Fonts from the AppStore.
- Once the app is installed, there will be a welcome page that requires you to adjust your settings. Follow the instructions after clicking on the blue button at the bottom of the page.
- Close the app and launch a messaging app such as WhatsApp.
- Click on the Globe icon on the keyboard and choose Fonts. Select the font that you would like to use by clicking on the Fonts logo.