The Firestick or Amazon Fire TV stick, as it is known formally, is a streaming technology developed by Amazon. It is usually in the form of an HDMI plugin device (it looks like a flash drive, but its "tip" is HDMI).
It is intended to be plugged into a TV with HDMI capabilities (ports) so that it works. The TV stick usually comes with an Amazon remote control. Its most significant advantage is that it is portable, so you can enjoy your music, shows, games, photos, movies, and subscription services on the go.
See also: How to activate Crackle on Apple TV.
Crackle on Firestick
Crackle is a US-based streaming service subsidiary of Sony, similar to Netflix and Hulu. They use the term OTT (over-the-top) to describe Crackle and others of its kind since they offer media services to users directly over the Internet as opposed to using satellites and cables like what has been there.
If you have an Amazon Fire TV stick package and are looking for a streaming service that is free at a bit of cost, then Crackle is it! The previous statement is a little contradictory, but this is what it means – the cost you incur is the ads’ interruption as you watch your movie.
The ads work like TV commercials – they come a couple of times (at least 8) in a 120-minute film. It is right to say that this is at no cost at all. This article will guide you on how to install Crackle on Firestick, which can be done in two ways:
- From the Amazon Fire TV stick
- From Kodi
From Amazon Fire TV stick
Since the Fire TV stick operates under the Amazon platform, it can be downloaded from the Amazon App Store or the Amazon website. After setting up the correct HDMI port on your TV, you should be able to see the Amazon Fire Stick home screen. Remember to check your internet connectivity since the steps require an internet download.
- Go to the search bar on the Amazon Fire TV stick home screen.
- Using the keyboard provided on your screen, use your remote to search for "Crackle."
If the remote seems inconvenient to you, you can download the Fire TV app on your phone, and through the app, you can use your phone to control the Fire TV.
- Of the search results, pick out ‘Crackle – Free TV & Movies.
- The page should show a download or install button since the app is compatible with the Amazon Fire TV screen.
- Once this is done, open the app as it will show on your TV screen and you will be ready to use it to enjoy Sony’s library.
- If it doesn’t show, use your remote or app and navigate to the Firestick home screen.
- You will see the "Apps" tab. Tap on it.
- Navigate to "Categories" and then go to "Movies and TV."
- Pick out ‘Crackle.’
- If it has been downloaded, then it will open. If not, you will see a ‘download’ button. Tap on it.
Kodi is a media player software that can be used to install Crackle. The first step should be to install Kodi on your Fire TV. The following steps should be taken on Kodi. This statement will summarize how you should go about it:
Add-ons > Package Installer > Install from Repository > Kodi Add-on Repository > Video Add-ons > Crackle Kodi add-on > Install > Home screen > Add-ons > Crackle
Now, you can enjoy Sony’s productions on Crackle without paying, apart from the must-watch and not-to-skip ads.