Of interest here are meetings and this article will guide you on how to host or join a meeting. This should be done from a desktop or laptop because of the more screen space. This article will give you steps on how to do it from your PC regardless of your OS.
See also: AnyDesk vs TeamViewer
As distributed by GmbH (a German Company), TeamViewer is a software (app) that can be placed in the same category as Zoom, Skype, and Houseparty. It is used to share files, controlling business remotely, hosting meetings online, and engagement in web conferencing. At the time of this writing, TeamViewer’s parent company GmbH is around 15 years, having been founded in 2005. The Alexa Rank of April 2020 places TeamViewer at a down position of 521. Its popularity has grown in recent months because of the COVID-19 pandemic and how it has pushed people to work from home (remotely).
From your desktop or laptop
- First, you need to make sure that the software application is installed in your PC. Visit com and download the version that is compatible with your device (Windows, macOS, and PC). Download the one that is free for personal and non-commercial use. Once the download is complete, install TeamViewer.
- Now, go to your desktop where a shortcut has been saved and open it. Also, you can wait for it to open automatically upon successful installation.
- When TeamViewer opens, you should notice that it opens with the ‘Meeting’ button on the left side active. On the bottom area of the application’s screen, you should see ‘Ready to connect: secure connection’ if you are connected to an Internet network.
For TeamViewer to function well, always make sure that you have a green-color (or good connection).
To host a meeting
To host is the same as to start a meeting.
- Under the ‘Start Meeting’ section, you see that you can host a presentation, a video call, or a phone conversation.
- When you click on Presentation, a screen should appear on your right showing you the following sections: Participants, Audio, Screen sharing, File box, My video, and Whiteboard. A pop-up message will appear next to the Meeting ID label (under the Participants section) asking you to either Invite Contact, Send e-mail or Copy to clipboard. You can use either to reach out to the people you want to present to.
- When you click on Video Call, the instant video call window will appear. Below the host’s screen, you should see an ‘Invite Participants’ box. When you click it, you realize that you can invite via email or copy the link to the clipboard. On the top part of the screen are some in-video functionality buttons you can use such as Share Screen where the other people can see your screen.
- When you click on the Phone button, a small pop-up will show. You will be shown your conference call number and the rate (something like 0.07£/min). Also, you will see your conference pin. You can either copy your call data to the clipboard or share it via email.
To join a meeting
- On the same screen (step 3) and the right side, you will see the ‘Join Meeting’ section. You need the meeting ID for the particular meeting you want to join and you can get this from the meeting’s host.
That should be it
The article has provided details on the TeamViewer screen that should make it strange no more. Now, you can effortlessly host or join a meeting in TeamViewer.