Pinterest is a unique social network – it allows users to find ideas and inspiration with ease. So, if you are looking for some ideas for your next DIY project, if you are looking for recipes or skirts or jeans that are trendy, there is no better place than Pinterest. You can save your favorites, pin them, create boards, and you can also follow other Pinterest users. Now, let’s mention that search engines such as Google or Bing may show your boards or your profile in their search results. If that’s not something you want, you can hide your profile. Wondering how to do that? Keep reading. We are going to show you how to hide your Pinterest profile from search engines.
See also: How to change your password on Pinterest
How to hide your Pinterest profile from search engines
It is also important to mention that your profile won’t be hidden right away, as the search engines need some time for that. Let’s see how to enable this option:
- Open your browser and go to Pinterest
- Sign in
- Click on the arrow icon in the top-right corner of the screen
- Now click Settings
- Next, click on Privacy and data
- You will see the option “Hide your profile from search engines (Ex. Google) under Search privacy
- Once you click on the option, you will see a pop-up message
- Click I understand
- As the final step, click Done in the top-right
That’s it. You have successfully enabled the option. As you can see, search engines will need some time to remove your profile and boards from search results. But, if you want it removed, enable the option and after a while, your profile won’t be visible.