Have you ever wanted to get to the bottom of the Reddit’s home page but you find so many posts you are not interested in that it gets frustrating? If you’ve been there, then this your cry for help is about to be answered in the lines of this article.
Scrolling through Reddit’s page can be tiresome and the solution to that is to hide posts. This article is going to guide you on how to hide Reddit posts and bring you closer to a post you want to pay attention to. This is for posts that have been made by others and not by you.
Can I hide my posts?
If you are here to find out whether you can hide your post – well – that’s impossible. This is because everything that is shared in a subreddit goes public and cannot be pulled down. That is probably something that Reddit should focus on as they make adjustments to the website and the app.
To the main business
It is possible to hide other users’ posts on the website and the app. The article shall focus on both platforms, giving you fitting and easy-to-follow guidelines.
On the website (Reddit.com)
- Click on the website’s link and enter your login details to open your account.
- On the home page, feeds will start to appear.
- Once you see a post you are not interested in and want to hide, tap on the three-dotted icon next to the ‘Save’ button.
- On the menu that appears, click on ‘Hide’. This post will automatically disappear and the one that was below it will slide in. Instead of scrolling, you can keep doing this until you get to a post you want to engage with in terms of voting, commenting, sharing, or reporting.
If you hide a post and then wish that you could see it again, that is as easy as pie:
- On Reddit’s home page, click the down arrow next to your username and karma count at the top-right corner.
- On the menu that appears, click on the ‘My Profile’ button.
- When your profile page appears, click on the ‘Hidden’ button. All the posts that you have hidden will be displayed. You can choose to click ‘Unhide’ but it will not disappear from the ‘Hidden’ section.
On the app (Android and iOS)
- From your phone’s home screen, tap on the Reddit icon to open it. Then, enter your credentials to make sure that you are logged in to your account.
- After a successful login, the app should open to its home screen and you will see the latest feeds from the communities that you are part of.
- On the top-right corner of a post, tap on the three-dotted icon.
- On the menu that appears, tap on ‘Hide post’. To confirm that the post is hidden, a menu will briefly float over the bottom of the screen with the words, ‘Post hidden’.
Unfortunately, you cannot navigate your way to hidden posts on the phone like you can on the website.
Other ways in which a post can be hidden is when you either downvote it (and have your account set at hiding post or comments you downvote) or when you report it.
Hiding, however, does not mean that you have a problem with a post shared or a comment made. You could just be too tired to read through it.
That is basically what you need to know about hiding comments. It should be as easy as falling off a log.