If you have just started using the Opera GX gaming browser, you may like most things the way they are. But certain things set by default might not be your cup of tea. Fortunately, you can change almost everything to match your tastes, needs, and desires. Whenever you open a browser or a new tab, the start page will show certain things, news included. Perhaps this isn’t something you want to have, and if that’s the case, keep reading. We will show you how to hide news on the Start page in the Opera GX gaming browser.
How to hide news on the Start page in Opera GX gaming browser
Some people don’t like having the news on the start page, and if you don’t like it either, you can simply hide this option. Here is how you can do that:
- Open Opera GX gaming browser and access the Easy setup by clicking on the hamburger icon in the top-right corner (three horizontal lines)
- Next, scroll down and click Go to browser settings
- Scroll down one more time until you reach Advanced and click on that option
- Now, in the Advanced options, look for the Start page part
- Under the Start page, find “Show news on start page”
- Click on the switch and turn it off
Done! You have successfully hidden the news from the Start page. Now, whenever you open a new tab, there won’t be any news. You can always unhide the option by following the same steps and clicking on the switch.
Join our newsletter 🎉Subscribe to our newsletter and never miss out on what's happening in the tech world. It's that simple.
- Latest Tech News
- Exclusive Tech Deals