Huawei smartphones definitely attract the attention of the Android fans lately for many reasons. The Chinese company made sure there is something for everyone, and we all can find the device that will be perfect for our needs and suitable for our budget. As the owner of a the Huawei Honor 5x, you should know several things that may come handy in situations when your device start to misbehave (hopefully, that won’t happen). One of such things is factory data reset – your device will be restored to its original system state. What does this mean? It means that all the third-party apps you downloaded, the apps settings, your personal settings adjustments, and your data will be erased. Your device will get a fresh start. Let’s see how to hard reset Huawei Honor 5x.
You may also read: How To Change Default Keyboard App On Huawei Honor 5x
How to hard reset Huawei Honor 5x
We already explained your data, personal settings, apps and other things will be deleted. That is why it is important to backup your data first.
There are two methods to hard reset your device: you can do it through settings or using the hardware buttons.
When your device is slow, or if it misbehave, or you simply want to give your smartphone a fresh start, you can perform factory data reset through settings:
- Go to Settings
- Tap Backup & Reset
- Tap Factory data reset
- Choose the “Reset phone” option
- Confirm the action by tapping on Reset phone
The second method is usually used when your device is completely unresponsive, and you can’t access the settings. Do the following:
- Use the Power key to turn off your device
- Press and hold the Power button and the Volume Up key at the same time
- Release the buttons when you see the Huawei logo on the screen
- Use the Volume Down key to navigate to “Wipe data / factory reset” and select it with the Power button
- Wait for the process to be completed.
Image Source: www.cnet.com