If online streaming is a big part of your life, VRV should have already come up on your radar. Pronounced as verve, VRV is an OTT (over-the-top) service born in 2016. At the time of this writing, VRV is restricted to the United States only. Before it explodes to the rest of the world, try using a VPN to circumvent the location issue.
Otter Media and Ellation Inc. (part of Otter Media) own VRV. If you know Otter Media then you know Crunchyroll (anime, manga and, dorama fans, say yeah!). While you are on VRV, you have the option of using a free account or a paid one. This article will show you how to get a VRV free trial.
Free trials are a common thing on the Internet. Developers choose to give users a limited period on their platforms where they can enjoy the service. They usually make this possible so that users judge whether the service being offered is worth paying for or not. Free trials usually last between twenty-four hours to sixty days depending on the service.
See also: How to renew Funimation subscription
VRV’s free trial
Signing up for a VRV account is the first of a couple of steps you need to make before getting a free trial.
- On a modern browser, click on vrv.co.
- On the home page, enter your email address and password to sign up for an account. You will see the ‘Who Might Your Be?’ screen. Here, pick your profile’s avatar (that is, choose from a list of provided toons) and a username.
- You will then open to the ‘Try Free’ page where VRV will ask you to try its premium offer of $9.99 per month. Since you want to get the VRV free trial, click ‘Try Free’.
At this point, you can jump to step 10 – 11
What if you already signed up, did not click on ‘Try Free’, and instead went for ‘Not Now’?
- Visit the home page. Find the ‘Sign in’ hyperlink and click on it.
- Then, use your login credentials to access your account by clicking on the ‘Let’s Go’ button. When the home page opens, you will see a promoted show.
- On your home page’s menu bar, you will see a yellow ‘Try Free’ button showing. Click on it.
- After the site finishes ‘calculating booleans’ on the pop-up, click on the ‘30-day free trial’ button.
- On the pop-up, you will get information that ‘you won’t be charged today’. VRV will have a showing you when your free trial will end.
- To proceed, you either have to choose to pay with PayPal or Card.
If you choose PayPal
- A pop-up screen of your browser will guide you to log in to your account. Click on the ‘Agree and Continue’ button.
If you choose Card
- Enter your credit card information on the spaces provided in the pop-up. Also, remember to include your Zip/Postal code.
Whichever way you choose, Ellation Inc. will bring you back to your account after it checks your details. You will see a ‘Go Premium’ button. This may confuse or scare you, but don’t be. Click on the ‘Show more’ label to read the information (please do).
Once you do, confidently click the button to start your free membership. Then, click ‘Let’s Go’. You will see that you are a Premium Plan member but Ellation Inc. will not bill your payment method until after 30 days.
Remember to cancel any time before that to avoid an expense you may not want to incur.