Over-the-top (OTT) service refers to content distributed to users over the internet. Many people around the globe are looking to cut cable subscriptions and look towards OTT service options. Using such options gets rid of the need to install satellites and antennas. Moreover, it gives access to all the content offered, instead of paying to individual channels. Sling TV is one of the current OTT service options. Unlike other services, Sling TV offers users live TV streaming instead of drama serials and movies. All the content on Sling TV is coming straight from the broadcasts. How can we determine if Sling TV will suit our preferences? Well, here are the answers on how to get Sling free trial so that you can try it before you commit to monthly charges.
See also: Top best live TV streaming services
Solution and steps to take
Sling TV costs around US$30 to US$45 a month. It may be quite a hefty price for some, especially if someone is unsure whether he’ll like the content put out by Sling TV or not. Unfortunately, the free trial is inaccessible to those who sign up for Sling via their website.
To get the free trial, we must use one of the Sling TV compatible devices as following:
- Samsung Smart TVs
- Amazon Fire TVs
- Android TV
- Android (smartphones and tablets)
- Apple TV
- LG Smart TVs
- iOS devices
- Xbox One
How to get Sling free trial
Method 1: Getting a free trial without additional promotions
- If you have any of the devices mentioned above, just download and install the app with a name – Sling TV.
- Open the Sling TV app.
- Click the words Watch now 7 days free. There is a link that will direct you to the correct place to sign up for a free trial.
- Following the prompts on-screen, create an account using your personal information.
- Choose a strong password. Then, click Register.
- From the packages offered, choose the package that best suits your interests.
- You can choose the add-ons available during the free trial too. These will be accessible without needing to pay any additional fees during your trial period.
- Fill in your billing information when prompted. Do note that the payment information that you have listed down will be charged on the last day of your free trial.
- Click Finish and Submit. You have now successfully registered for the free trial!
Method 2: Getting a free trial with promotions such as Black Friday
- On Sling.com, below Watch now 7 days free, you might also see “Get this offer”. Sometimes, only one of the statements will appear.
- Enter email credentials. Try to create a strong and unique password.
- Click on Register. It is likely to be located within a blue box.
- Select your service package. These packages contain different broadcast channels that you may stream content from. As above, you may pick some add-ons offered.
- Enter your billing information. Do note that you will be charged on your stated billing information on the last day of your free trial.
Always set reminders to cancel your subscription if you do not wish to continue using Sling TV. To cancel your subscription after the free trial, follow the steps below.
- Log into your Sling TV account.
- Under account settings, look for the option to cancel your subscription.
- Follow the prompts to confirm your canceling.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.