Group texts are super cool, right? You can talk with friends or family, make plans, share ideas, etc. But sometimes, you don't feel part of the group or don't want to be disturbed by many messages and notifications.
If you want to remove the group text on Android, you won't be able to leave the conversation; you will have to ask to be removed by the group creator. If you don't feel like asking or the person is ignoring you, you can mute the messages or delete the thread, and we will show you how to do that.
The steps for muting the messages are pretty simple, but they can be different depending on your Android device.
- Find the group message you want to mute and tap on it, then tap on the three dots in the top-right corner.
- Or, tap and hold the group message you want to mute
- Now tap the Notifications button
- When the mute icon appears, tap on it
- You will no longer receive notifications about the messages as soon as you do this.
- If you want to delete the group message, tap and hold the conversation
- A pop-up window will show up and when it does, tap Delete.
When it comes to the "Delete" option, you should be aware that every time someone replies within the group, the text will show up in your messages again. You will keep getting these messages until the creator of the group message removes you from the group.