Group texts are super cool, right? You can talk with your friends or family members, make plans, share ideas, etc. But sometimes, you don’t feel like being a part of the group, or you simply don’t want to be disturbed with a ton of messages and notifications. If you want to get out of a group text on Android, you won’t be able to just leave the conversation, you will have to ask to be removed by the group creator. If you don’t feel like asking, or the person is ignoring you, you can mute the messages or delete the thread, and we are going to show you how to do that.
See also: How To Control Android From PC
The steps for muting the messages are pretty simple, but they could be different as they depend on the Android device you have.
- Open the Messages app on your Android
- Find the group message you want to mute and tap on it then tap on three dots in the top-right corner
- Or, tap and hold the group message you want to mute
- Now tap the Notifications button
- When the mute icon appears, tap on it
- As soon as you do this, you will no longer receive notifications about the messages
- If you want to delete the group message, tap and hold the conversation
- A pop-up window will show up and when it does, tap Delete.
When it comes to the “Delete” option, you should be aware that every time someone replies within the group, the text will show up in your messages again. You will keep getting the messages until the creator of the group message removes you from the group.