Audible, a part of the Amazon company, is a company that offers audiobooks on a subscription basis. There are different types of subscription plans to choose from depending on your needs. You would be glad to know that before starting any of these paid subscription plans, you can choose to get a free trial of one of these subscription plans if you have never taken advantage of it before. This trial is for a period of 30 days. At the end of this trial, you can choose to cancel the subscription. If you choose to cancel it, you will not be charged after the end of the trial period. However, if you like the subscription during the trial period, you can continue with the paid subscription later on.
See also: How to cancel Audible subscription
How to get an Audible free trial
- Open a web browser and go to the desktop website of https://www.audible.com/trial. However, if you not using a desktop device and are using a non-desktop device such as a smartphone, then you need to load the desktop version of the website. To do this workaround, you can refer the paragraph under the heading ‘workaround to load the desktop version of a website’ below in this article.
- Now, you will need to sign in to your Amazon account on this website. You will be able to see the ‘sign in’ option in the top-right area of the website. Click on this option. A new webpage should open where you will have to enter the login details (i.e. email address or mobile phone number and password) of your Amazon account. However, if you do not have an Amazon account, you can also create a new Amazon account first by clicking on the ‘create your Amazon account’ and then you should log in on this website.
- Once you have logged in to this website, you will see on a new webpage that there is a section titled ‘try Audible today’. Under this section, you need to click in the ‘start your free trial now’.
- Now a webpage will open which will show that an Audible free trial membership plan has been ordered by you.
- You need to choose a payment method like a credit card, debit card, net banking, etc. You must note that whatever method you choose, it should support the feature of recurring payment otherwise your payment method might get rejected.
- After choosing a payment method, you need to fill in the details of that payment method.
- Now, you have to click on the ‘place your order’ option in the right area of the webpage screen. Continue confirming your order until you see a confirmation message that you have successfully enrolled in the Audible free trial membership plan.
Workaround to load the desktop version of a website
You can load the desktop version of the website by doing a simple workaround in your smartphone web browser. When you open the web browser and go to the website, what you need to do to load the desktop version of this website is to go to the menu in the browser. In the menu, tap on the ‘desktop version’ option. Wait for the webpage to reload. After it reloads, you will be able to see the desktop version of the website.
Points to note:
- After 30 days of your subscription to the Audible free trial membership plan, Audible will charge you its first monthly charge unless you cancel this subscription before it.
- Even after you cancel the subscription plan, you get to keep the audiobooks that you bought before canceling.
- However, the credit that you have will be gone if you cancel the Audible subscription.