Many users have complained that their Xbox installation stopped at 99% or near. If the installation process of your Xbox game has stopped at 0% (or near it), it happened because your console started downloading an update during the installation process. In this case, the installation will not continue no matter how long you wait.
This guide will show how to fix the Xbox One "Installation Stopped" error.
How To Fix an Xbox that won't download games
Method 1: Remove local saved games
This option will not delete any game saved on the Xbox Live cloud, and it will just clear the data that's saved locally. Here is how to do that:
- First, eject the disc from the console
- Scroll left on Xbox Home and opened the guide
- Next go to Settings >All settings > System> Storage> select Clear local saved games > Yes to confirm.
- The console will restart. Now try installing the game again.
Method 2: Have the console offline and try installing the game
The second method requires you to take the console offline, and cancel the download. Once the game is installed, get back online and download the update.
Step 1: Take your console offline
Do the following:
- Go to the Home screen and press the “Menu” button on your controller
- Next, click Settings.
- Then click Network.
- Disconnect Wireless Or Wired Networks
Step 2: Cancel the update download
The next step is to cancel the download because this is what caused the problem in the first place.
- Go back to the Home screen and select “My Games and Apps.”
- Go to the game you are trying to install.
- Next, press the “Menu” button on the controller
- And then click “Cancel.”
Step 3: Install the game
With the internet connection still off, follow the steps to install the game again. If you don’t keep the internet connection off at this time, the update process may start again and interrupt your installation process.
Wait until the game is fully installed before proceeding to the next step.
Step 4: Get online and install the updates
You can now restore your internet connection. With your internet back on, your game updates will now download and install without issues.