A lot of users have complained that their Xbox One installation stopped at 99% or near.
If the installation process of your Xbox One game has stopped at 0% (or near it), it happened because your console started downloading an update during the installation process. In this case, the installation will not continue no matter how long you wait.
In this guide, we will show How To Fix Xbox One Installation Stopped error.
See also: How To Fix Xbox One Error PBR9000
How To Fix Xbox One Installation Stopped
Method 1: Remove local saved games
This option will not delete any game saved on the Xbox Live cloud, it will just clear the data that are being saved locally. Here is how to do that:
- First, eject the disc from console
- Scroll left on Xbox Home and open the guide
- Next go to Settings >All settings > System> Storage> select Clear local saved games > Yes to confirm.
- The console will restart. Now try installing the game again.
Method 2: Have the console offline and try installing the game
The second method requires you to take the console offline, cancel the download, power cycle the console and once the game is installed successfully, get online and download the update. All the steps are explained one by one.
Step 1: Take your console offline
Do the following:
- Go to the Home screen and press the “Menu” button on your controller
- Next, click “Settings”
- Then click “Network”
- And finally, click “Disconnect Wireless”
This will terminate the wireless connection.
Step 2: Cancel the update download
The next step is to cancel the download because this is what caused the problem in the first place.
- Go back to the Home screen and select “My Games and Apps”
- Go to the game you are trying to install and make sure it’s highlighted
- Next, press the “Menu” button on the controller
- And then click “Cancel”
With that, the download is now canceled.
Step 3: Power cycling the console
- Before doing anything else, eject the disc from your Xbox
- Next, you need to turn off your console. Do this by pressing the Xbox button on your controller (and holding it) for about ten seconds until the console has shut down.
- After that, turn your console back on (either by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller).
When you do this, you should see the start-up animation as your console restarts. If you don’t see that, go through these steps again (and make sure your console has been shut down completely).
Step 4: Install the game
Now, with the internet connection still off, follow the steps to install the game again. If you don’t keep the internet connection off at this time, the update process may start again and interrupt your installation process.
Wait until the game is fully installed before proceeding to the next step.
Step 5: Get online and install the updates
You can now restore your internet connection. You can do this by connecting the Ethernet cable back into your console if you are using a wired connection.
If you are using a wireless connection, you will need to go through the following steps to restore your internet connection:
- Make sure you are on the Home screen. Press the “Menu” button on your controller
- Click “Settings”
- In the next list, click “Network”
- And then click “Set Up Wireless Network”
- There will be instructions telling you how to connect your Xbox One back to the internet. Simply follow them.
With your internet back on, your game updates will now download and install without any problems.