The reason most of the Smartphone users love Samsung devices is because of the Android platform. This platform lets the users enjoy to the fullest by installing all kinds of apps. Google play store is loaded with a huge number of useful applications. You can customize the phone by downloading the needed apps. Most of the apps work really well, but sometimes you may experience some issues. Many users have complained about the Samsung Galaxy S5 App Freezes issue where the apps stop working, and it takes a lot of time to get started again. Samsung Galaxy S5 App crashes is also another issue about which some Galaxy S5 users have complained.
All the possible ways to fix the issue are discussed here.
See also: How to back up Samsung Galaxy S5 to PC.
You may read: Samsung Galaxy S5 common problems and their solutions
Ways to fix Samsung Galaxy S5 App Freezes and crashes issue
Those who are facing the Samsung Galaxy S5 App crashes and freezes issue are advised to update that particular app first. Might be that the version you have installed is not working on your device. If that does not work, you can reinstall the app. Once you uninstall the app, get it from the Play Store and install it again. Now, check if the app is working properly or not. If the Galaxy S5 App crashes is still bothering you, there are other methods you can try.
Sometimes this app freezing issue occurs due to the faulty microSD card. So, take out the micro SD card and check it. Sometimes the data of some apps are stored in the micro SD-card. Now what happens is that app cannot access the stored data from the SD-card in case that is a faulty one. So, first uninstall that app and take out the micro SD card. Try using another microSD card and afterwards reinstall the app again. If the problem was really happening due to the faulty micro SD-card, it will be fixed.
If your phone is running on Lollipop, it might be the reason behind the Galaxy S5 App crashes issue because there are some apps that work well on the KitKat version but not in the Lollipop. However, if this is the reason, then contact the developer of the app.
When all the above methods fail for you, factory reset is the last option to get rid of this app crashing and freezing issue. However, always remember to have a backup of all the data as this process will delete everything from the device. When you are done with the backup, follow the below steps:
- First, turn off the device completely.
- Next, press and hold three buttons: the power key, Volume up button and the home key altogether and continue pressing until the phone vibrates.
- When the phone vibrates, release the power button, but not the other two keys.
- After a few seconds, the android recovery screen will appear on the screen. Release both, the home and volume up buttons now.
- The Volume down button is to be used as the navigator and the power button to confirm your action. So, highlight the option wipe data or factory reset using the volume down button.
- Use the power key to select that option.
- Next, highlight the option ‘Yes — delete all user data’ and select that using the power key. Factory reset process will start.
- When this is completed, you’ll see ‘reboot system now’ on the screen. Use the power button to select that option and the system will restart.
So, most of the possible fixes are explained above. You can try using them one by one and the app freezing issue and crashing issue on your Samsung Galaxy S5 will be solved.