Some PS4 users have been complaining about the PS4 Safe Mode loop problem where the PS4 system gets stuck in Safe mode and the users cannot get it back to normal mode. Here we will discuss about how to fix PS4 Safe Mode loop issue.
Safe Mode allows a user to start the console with minimum required functionality. You can manually initiate your PlayStation by pressing and holding down the power button. You then release the button after two beeps or after 8 seconds. The Safe Mode in a PlayStation 4 console is characterized by the console LED lighting turning blue.
See Also: How To Fix GTA 5 Not Starting Issue
How To Fix PS4 Safe Mode Loop
In Safe mode boot loop, the console is unable to boot into normal mode mainly because it is unable to read necessary firmware files that are used during boot time, but it is different from the infinite boot loop. Once the console goes into safe mode, you are presented with a menu that has 7 available options that may fix start-up issues and enable your console to start in normal mode.
These are the methods which you need to follow to fix PS4 Safe mode loop
- Restart the PS4 – This is straight-forward. The Console will try to restart with minimal or no changes in the current system settings.
- Change Resolution – The console will set the screen resolution default to 480px when it restarts. The console will restart by itself once this option is chosen.
- System Software Update – The PlayStation 4 console will be able to update the system’s firmware by downloading from the Sony servers or USB Drive that contains the necessary PUP file. After the update is successfully installed, the console will boot normally.
- Default Settings Restore – The PlayStation 4 console will boot with factory settings and you’ll be required to set the time zone together with a few other console settings. After a power outage, the console might lose important xmb files, this option will be likely to restore the missing files.
- Database Rebuild -This is basically a defragmentation tool where the console scans the drive, clears issues and frees up memory in the Hard Disk Drives. The period of operation depends on the number of items in the memory which includes xmb files. This option makes your console faster in receiving and sending messages.
- Initialize PS4 – All user data and console settings stored will be erased by performing this step. All user data are deleted and the PS4 console is restored. This method is the equal of the “Initialize PS4” option in the console Settings menu when in normal mode. The System firmware is not erased and the user resolution is set to 480px. You can login to your PlayStation Network with your account login details and be able to access freebies offered to PSN users.
- PS4 Initialize (System Software Reinstall ) – All stored data in the Hard Disk Drive are deleted, same as in option 6, including the System firmware and later reinstall the firmware.
If neither of the above options work:
- Try installing a new Hard Disk Drive in the PlayStation and use option 7 above.
- Pull the power cable out for a couple of minutes. Plug the cable back in and a progress bar will pop up. A second pop-up window will be seen to be repairing databases. Once it is finished, the console will boot up normally.
- You could contact Sony and inform them what happened and register the issue. They might ship a replacement console to your address.