Experiencing Wi-Fi issues on the iPhone 6 is something that many users faced with. Some of the possible issues are:
- Wifi cannot detect wifi hotspot and keep searching continuously.
- Can find wifi hotspot, but cannot connect to it.
- Can connect to the wifi hotspot, but cannot be connected to the Internet.
- Wifi toggle button in setting grayed out or dim.
Here, we are going to share two methods that you can try in order to fix the issues, DIY method and Expert method.
Technobezz disclaimer: Technobezz will not be held responsible for any issues that might appear while trying out this troubleshooting method. If you choose to perform this anyway, you will do that at your own risk.
Before you begin, I suggest you:
- Backup your iPhone 6, See — Ultimate Guide How to Backup iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus to Mac/PC
- If your iPhone 6 is still covered by warranty, you have a full right to report your issue before or after you try this DIY method. Contact Applecare or the nearest Apple Authorized Service Provider, or through a genius bar at Apple Store.
Do It Yourself (DIY) Method
- Make sure that wifi issue on your iPhone 6 occurs in all wifi hotspots.
- If the issue occurs on certain hotspots, such as your home or office, contact the wifi provider.
- Restart your iPhone by pressing and holding the power and home button until it restarts.
- Power off the iPhone by pressing the power button “Slide Power Off” appears, then slide it to the right. Then switch the phone back on.
- Go to Settings — Airplane Mode (swipe it On and wait around 15 seconds, and then turn it off again).
- Disable Wifi Network Service. This service is connected to the Location Service Network. Go to:
Settings — Privacy — Location Service — System Service (swipe it off).
- If your iPhone can connect to wifi, but cannot stay, try “Forget Network”
Settings — Wifi — tap to the wifi host name, then tap Forget this Network.
If the internet connection is still not working, change DNS on that wifi host name. Go to Settings — Wifi — tap the wifi host name, then scroll until you find DNS, tap on it. Change the most used DNS like DNS google 188.8.131.52 or another openDNS.
- Reset iPhone Network Settings. Settings — General — Reset — Reset all Network Settings.
- Erase all content and settings. Settings — General — Reset — Erase all content and settings.
- Restore iPhone. Plug iPhone to Mac/PC, and then launch iTunes. Tap “Trust” on your iPhone if a popup message shows up. Your iPhone will be detected in the iTunes and on tab summary click restore. The firmware will be downloaded first, and you will have to wait for the process to be done.
Read also — How to Solve iPhone 6 Randomly Restart Issue
Hardware checking and troubleshooting
If the previous solutions didn’t solve the issue, go to the Apple store, especially if your device is still under warranty. Apple will give a replacement for your iPhone 6, this is a typical fixing for wifi issue, a replacement to the new one, if they didn’t do a hardware troubleshooting inside, or they will replace certain part
If not, you may try the hardware solution.
A part that is relevant here is wifi IC, which is located on logic board. In order to fix it, you will need hot air rework station, so you can heat up the part.