There’s definitely no argument that HBO tops the list of streaming platforms for all users. The service offers a flawless viewing experience with some of the top shows ever made and it boasts a very loyal and expansive customer base. Like any other modern systems or services, this particular video streamer is not immune to technical issues which can be totally frustrating especially when it chooses to happen in the midst of a favorite show or program. The supporting services, networks, and applications can also make the service a bit tedious. Here are a few things that can help to fix streaming issues on HBO.
See also: How to fix HBO Now sign-in issues
Check the Connection
Most of the challenges with streaming services are usually connectivity oriented. This can be anything from a poor connection to too much traffic on the network. Another clear indicator of this type of problem is a persistent buffering state which clearly hints that the connectivity is compromised.
- Try opening another website on a different tab just in case the issue is in HBO only.
- Set the router closer to the device to reduce range and check the security of all wired connections.
This is pretty much effective for most of the simpler challenges.
- Do a proper device switch off and disconnect it from its power source.
- After a minute or so, connect it once again and attempt to load the NOW services.
- The same must be done for the network connection. Switch it off entirely and wait for a minute before re-enabling it and connecting onto it again.
Some of the issues originate from bugs and other glitches that were created during installation due to various reasons like network interruptions, malware or a malfunctioning device. This will make the whole app completely problematic so if all the above fixes don’t seem to work, then try the following:
- Simply delete the app. Each device is unique when it comes to this but it’s usually a pretty simple process.
- To make this move more effective, clear all the application data from the device cache to prevent any backup attempts.
- Once done, switch off your device and then back on again to clear up its RAM storage.
- Go to the appropriate application store and download the latest version for the application that is compatible with the device being used.
- Log back onto the service and try to stream again.
All applications releases are usually periodically updated in order to fix issues that are experienced in the earlier versions. An app update can, therefore, fix quite a lot of performance issues. Simply go on the appropriate app store like Google Play and search for the HBO NOW app, if there’s a newer version, there will be an update option which can conveniently self-update the app with just a click.
- Alternatively, download the latest application from other trusted sources and install to update the current version.
- On devices that do not support the installation of pre-existing apps regardless of the version, simply delete the existing application and install the latest version.
Buffering can be quite annoying. To fix this see the following:
- Internet speed: the perfect speed should be upwards of 5mb/s for uninterrupted streaming. Some devices and networks are adjustable in this regard
- Browser support: there are simply slow and fast browsers and they respond differently to different networks and different services so try different browsers.
- Simple restart here can also fix buffering issues. Simply close all apps, restart device then try streaming again.
- Check the network load, try to minimize the number of devices that are using the connection for better performance.
If all these measures are properly implemented, you should be good to go! For any further issues, try contacting the service support in case the service is just down momentarily.