Battery life, performance etc., are some of the common issues that most of the Smartphone users keep on facing constantly. But some of the iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S plus users have complained about a very uncommon issue and that is the battery percentage indicator that is stuck in the status bar, it is not updating at all or the battery percentage is jumping down dramatically after no change for a long time. Apple has been contacted for this issue and they have acknowledged it. This is a software issue for which Apple promised to bring out some fixes with the next iOS version. But do not panic as you can make use of some tricks in the meantime to get rid of this issue. The fixes are explained below:
You may also read: oHow to get your iPhone 6S contacts on the home screen.
Potential fixes to fix battery life percentage not updating on iPhone 6S and 6S plus:
According to Apple, this issue is mainly occurring with users who have changed the time zone due to some reasons and did not activate the automatic date and time feature. Follow the below steps to enable automatic date and time feature to solve out the issue.
- First make sure that your device has cellular data or the Wi-Fi connection on.
- Next, open the settings app in your iOS device and tap on general.
- Press on the Date & Time option.
- Here you will see an option named as ‘set automatically’. Toggle it on.
That’s it and then restart the device. Follow the below instruction to restart the iOS device.
- First, press down the power or lock button in the iPhone 6S and 6S plus that is generally located on the top side or at the top right corner.
- Next press down the home button situated at the bottom middle.
- Keep on pressing both the buttons for few seconds till you notice the Apple logo on the screen. It might take around 10 seconds and the device will be rebooted.
So, perform the method and now check if the issue is fixed for you.
If the above method does not work out for you, follow the second method.
Sometimes just a small toggle on the display of battery percentage indicator can fix up the issue for you. What you are required to do is turn it off and then again on it back which will update the battery gauge though this solution is temporary. Here is the process to toggle the battery percentage indicator in your iPhone 6S and iPhone 6S plus.
- Open the settings app from the home screen.
- Tap on general and then usage.
- Under usage, tap on the option battery percentage to make it ‘ON’. Or else make it off if it was on and then on it again.
- Exit of the settings app.
You might get rid of the battery percentage indicator stuck issue promptly following this method.
While the above two steps might work out for many, some of you might still face the issue if it occurs because of the OS. So, you need to wait until Apple comes out with their next OS version that would be iOS 9.3. An update with the latest version is always suggested as it can fix up many of the bugs of its predecessor. So, do not forget to update your device with the latest iOS 9.3 when released by Apple.
But in the meantime, try following the above methods and get rid of the issue temporarily.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.