Telegram is an application invented by a person from Russia back in 2013. When it was released it wasn’t so popular, but now, Telegram counts 200+ million users every month. It is one of the most popular messaging apps currently in the whole wide world. This app is very similar to WhatsApp and to Viber, it kind of has the same features. You are able to chat with your friends and family, call them, host a video call, and even send them voice messages. It is a very practical app in general. The app’s interface is very user-friendly, the blue color on the Telegram’s logo only confirms that statement. It is available for both Android, IOS, and Windows devices. And some people prefer it over other apps because it has a very nice and flexible design on the desktop.
If you are new to Telegram, and you want to find out how you can find some users on this app via their ID, you are in the right place. We are going to teach you how to do it yourself fast and with ease. Keep reading this article.
See also: Telegram not working – How to fix it
Steps to finding a user’s ID on the Telegram app
The steps are pretty much the same for when you want to find out your user ID, and someone else’s. Have in mind that since the Telegram app is available for both Android, and IOS devices, the process for finding out user’s IDs is the same, and the display of the app on both kinds of these devices is totally the same, so you can easily follow these steps.
- You will first, of course, need to open the Telegram app on your device. Make sure that you are logged into your account if not, log in now.
- When the Home page opens, in the search bar search for the @userinfobot and click on that username.
- You should now start a chat with this bot, click on the big Start button at the end of your screen.
- If the chat has opened up on your screen, the bot is going to send you your user ID first. But, if you want to search for someone else’s, simply type in the message box that user’s username. The bot is going to show you their ID in the form of a text message.
If you are experiencing some kind of problems while trying to find the user’s ID
Well, the first you can do is try again all of these steps above. But if it is still not working for you, try these tips in order to fix the issue:
- Check your internet connection. Telegram is not going to work unless you have internet access on your phone. You will not be able to take any actions, nor get answers from the bot if you do not have internet. So, make sure that you are connected to your Wi-Fi, or that your mobile data is turned on.
- Try logging out of the Telegram app, and then logging back in.
- You can also try to restart your device and then try again. Or, you can even turn off your device for a certain amount of time, then turn it on and try the steps above again.
- If the above things do not work, and you are still not able to get the ID’s from the Telegram bot, you can uninstall the app from your phone, and then install it back again after just a few minutes. This should fix your issue. If not, wait for a while or contact Telegram’s support team and ask them for help.