If you ever wondered how computers are identified on the internet, the answer is through IP address which is short for Internet Protocol Address. Now, if you are using a Mac, and you want to make some security changes, or you want to change your Wi-Fi username or password, you will need your IP address. If you are not sure how to find IP address on Mac, keep reading. The steps are listed below.
See also: How To Print Screen On Mac
How to find IP address on Mac (step by step)
- In the menu bar, click on the Wi-Fi icon
- When the menu shows up, click on Open Network Preferences
- Now select your network. It is the icon with a green button on the left side of the screen
- Click on Advanced in the bottom-right
- Next, click the TCP/IP tab
- You will see your IP address next to IPv4 address
The IP address does not include any of your personal information. But there are many people who are looking for ways to have more privacy online. If you want the same, you may consider using a VPN. It is something more and more people use in order to hide their IP address. So, VPN will hide all your internet activity from your service provider and it will encrypt your data to provide even more privacy.
If you decide to start using VPN, keep in mind they may slow down your internet speed. There are many free and paid VPN services. If you go for a free one, keep in mind that it may not be enough as the options that are free will just hide the IP address, and unfortunately, they won’t encrypt your data.