Our social lives today are defined by the number of friends we have on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter. Quite contrary to the traditional social setting which required us to go out and make friends, these social media platforms have helped us sit in the comfort of our homes as we make new friends, find old ones and connect with the friends who are already there on our profiles.
Most of us join one social media website and later decide to begin using others too. When we do this, we want to connect with our friends on the other platform too. This is exactly what my predicament was when I signed up for Twitter. I already had a Facebook account and all I needed now was my Facebook friends to join me on Twitter. We have had a lot of readers who have been asking for help on this too. This is exactly why we decided to draft a step by step guide on how to find Facebook friends on Twitter.
If you have a good number of friends on Facebook and you want to know how to add Facebook friends on Twitter, then we have to do it through Yahoo mail as Facebook makes it difficult to take any data out of this site. Follow the below step by step process for how to follow Facebook friends on Twitter.
Steps to To Find Facebook Friends On Twitter
- To begin with, you will need a Yahoo Mail account. If you already happen to have one then you must sign in to the Yahoo Mail account. For those who do not have an account on Yahoo Mail yet, you will have to create an account by going here.
- One you have logged in to the account, click on ‘Contacts’ at the top left and then ‘import contacts’ located at the right. You will get this option right away if this is your first login after you signed up for an account.
- You will find a list of platforms like Facebook, Gmail, etc. Click on Facebook and a permission box will ask you for the confirmation for loading the contact from Facebook. Press ‘OK’ to continue.
- After all the contacts have been imported a message will be shown which says ‘Congratulations’. The Facebook contacts have been imported. You must click on ‘Done’.
- Now log in to Twitter. To begin finding your Facebook friends, scroll down to Twitter Importer. Clicking on the link which will take you directly to the importer. Alternatively, you can simply click on ‘Discover’ after you log in and then ‘Find Friends’ at the top left.
- Click on the ‘search contacts’ button next to yahoo mail.
- It will take few seconds to load the Yahoo! Mail permission windows. Once loading is done, click on the ‘Agree’ button to import your yahoo contacts on Twitter.
Since all your Facebook friends had been moved to Yahoo Mail you will be able to connect to your Facebook friends on Twitter as well. This is the process to find your Facebook friends on Twitter.
But there are few things that are important for this process to happen. These are:
- This process exports only your personal Facebook profile’s friends. So do not expect to find your friend’s friend on your list of contacts.
- This completely depends on the privacy settings of your friend’s Facebook profile.
- You will be able to find those friends only who already have a Twitter profile.
Use this procedure to easily find your Facebook friends on Twitter. All your contacts will be easily imported and you can enjoy connecting your friends on both the platforms. It will help you stay updated with all your friends and you will not miss out on anything that is being shared by them on either of the two platforms.