Over the years, the YouTube app for Android and iOS got many new features and improvements. One of them is the option to be reminded that you take a break. Pretty cool, right? If you like spending a lot of time watching the content on YouTube, you should enable this option and we are going to show you the steps. So, let’s see how to enable “Remind me to take a break” in YouTube app. We are going to list the steps for both, Android and iOS users.
How to enable “Remind me to take a break” in YouTube app
When you turn this feature on, you will have to set up the reminder frequency – sort of a timer. For instance, you can set 1 hour. So, after spending the whole hour watching the videos on YouTube, you will be reminded that it’s time to take a break.
Here is how to enable the option on your Android device:
- Open YouTube app on your smartphone or tablet
- Tap on your profile photo in the top-right corner
- Next, tap Time watched
- Next, tap on the switch next to “Remind me to take a break”
- Once you enable the feature, a pop-up window will show up and you need to choose the reminder frequency. Choose the time you want by selecting hours and minutes.
- When completed, tap Done.
If you are using iPhone or iPad, here are the steps:
- Open YouTube app
- Tap on your profile photo
- Tap Time watched
- Next, enable the feature “Remind me to take a break” by tapping on the switch next to it
- Choose the reminder frequency
- When you are done, tap OK.
That’s it. From now on, you will be reminded when it’s time to take a break.
If you want to turn off the feature at some point, go back to Time watched and tap the switch next to “Remind me to take a break”.