Many desktop and laptop computers come with Realtek sound card. Realtek digital output is used when you want to connect audio devices that are not digital but analog to your PC. Usually, the digital output is enabled by default, but if that’s not the case, you can do it on your own, and we are going to show you the steps. Without further ado, let’s see how to enable Realtek digital output.
Steps to enable Realtek digital output
There are two methods two enable Realtek digital output, and we are going to show you both.
- First, right-click on the speaker icon in the bottom-left part of the screen
- Click on Playback devices
- Next, right-click on Realtek digital output
- Click Enable
- Finally, click Set as default and click OK.
If for some reason you don’t see the option Playback devices when you click on the speaker icon, you can enable Realtek digital output using Control Panel. Here is how:
- Click on Start then go to Control Panel
- In Control Panel, select Hardware and Sound
- Click on Sound
- A window will open
- Click on Realtek digital output and then click on Set as default
That’s it! You have successfully enabled Realtek digital output. To disable it, go back to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound. Right-click on Realtek Digital Output and click on Disable.
Done! You have now disabled Realtek digital output.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.