Battery life is the most common issue in every Smartphone and this issue is faced by all the users regardless of the battery capacity in their Smartphone. Every Smartphone users face this battery life issue at least once. And this is the reason Samsung has introduced some excellent features in Galaxy S5 Lollipop that can save huge amount of battery when all those features are being activated. Power saving mode, ultra power saving mode and emergency modes are these in- built features in Galaxy S5 which are meant to extend the battery life. If you are a user of Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop and want to learn the process to activate these features, read on to know it.
The solution for battery drainage issue on Galaxy S5 is also discussed at our other post. Click on that link to get the solutions.
Way to activate power saving mode
Power saving mode or the extended standby mode definitely enhances the battery life of your Galaxy S5, so you can activate this feature when you want to keep the phone alive for longer period. This feature will reduce the screen brightness, limit the performance of the Smartphone and disable other effects that can drain huge amount of battery. But you will receive every notification and messages that is being sent to you. Follow the step by step process to enable power saving mode.
- Go to the Home screen and touch on the ‘apps’.
- Tap on the settings option.
- Scroll down to see the power saving mode under system.
- Touch on the Power saving mode slider and this feature will be ON. In case you want to disable this feature, just touch the slider again and that’s it.
There is one more way to activate this power saving mode. You have to drag down the status bar from the peak of the home screen and select the ‘Power saving mode’ from many options available.
Way to activate ultra power saving mode
Ultra power saving mode is helpful when the battery is at the edge. This feature can optimize the battery life to great extent by deactivating many effects and features in your Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop. This feature switches the display to simple layout, limit access to the applications and deactivate Wi-Fi, Bluetooth etc when it is activated. You can activate this feature by following the step by step process.
- First go to the home screen in your Galaxy S5.
- Tap on the settings menu from there.
- Press on the option ‘Power saving mode’.
- Now scroll down to find out ultra power saving mode and tap on it.
- You need to touch the Ultra power saving slider to the right.
- You will be again asked to confirm it. Press Ok to continue. When this feature gets activated, the remaining battery and the anticipated running time will be shown at the screen. If you want to go back to the normal mode, press on the menu icon at the top right corner of the screen and then tap on the ‘option’ to see disable ultra power saving mode. Touch on that and press ok to continue.
Another way to activate this Ultra power saving mode is by pulling the status bar from the top of the home screen and then selecting the option from the given items.
Way to activate Emergency Mode
Emergency mode is activated when one is in emergency situation and wants to extend the battery life greatly. This option will reduce the screen brightness, turn the display into black, limit the phone’s performance etc. But you can still make call to the specific contact and send emergency messages, location information etc to others. The process to activate this Emergency mode is explained here.
- First press the power button for few seconds.
- Scroll down to see and select the Emergency mode option.
- Tap ‘OK’ to continue with the process.
- After going through all the terms and conditions, tick the checkbox and again touch OK. That’s it. The emergency mode is activated.
- To disable this mode, press and hold the power button and touch on the Emergency mode again and your phone will be back to the normal condition.
Get more stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting products and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.